Should i get a clutch rebuild kit or a used clutch
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Should i get a clutch rebuild kit or a used clutch

This is a discussion on Should i get a clutch rebuild kit or a used clutch within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; I am trying to decide if i want to get a clutch rebuild kit and buy the weights and a spring or get a used ...

"); }

Thread: Should i get a clutch rebuild kit or a used clutch

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am trying to decide if i want to get a clutch rebuild kit and buy the weights and a spring or get a used clutch for about $75 that is the same setup as my existing one. The clutch that is on it now needs new weights and a rebuild kit and possibily a new spring and i was owndering if i get a rebuild kit for it and what color of spring should i get? Also should i just get stock weights? Any advice? What would you remmend? This is for an 88'Indy 400. Thanks,Travis

This user has no status.

Member #
    To make it worth your while - your safe bet is to get it rebuild. As for the used one, you dont know how long it'll last so to spend 75 bucks for a used one would be wisely spent on getting yours rebuild instead. I have an exactly sled as yours - use EPI black for primary, use stock weights, Polaris red secondary and I believe this sled is straight 34 degrees helix - set it in 2nd hole and spin the motor at 8k. WL.
    My neighbor used to say, " The speed that thrills, the speed that kills "

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have the secondary in the third hole and i plan on buying the red spring. As for the primary i will take your advice and buy those parts. Where would be the cheapest place to get them though? Thanks,Travis

This user has no status.

Member #
    Here is a link to where i plan on buying everything from, so which primary spring should i get? Travis
    http://www.wahlracing.com/clutching.htm

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links