cdi can they be tested
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

cdi can they be tested

This is a discussion on cdi can they be tested within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; need help please how easy is it to kill a cdi box was trying to find which wire went were on a sled with a ...

"); }

Thread: cdi can they be tested

This user has no status.

Member #
    need help please how easy is it to kill a cdi box was trying to find which wire went were on a sled with a transplanted motor i was using a skidoo battery and on one wire i hooked to was for kill switch and the wire got really warm and i did not un hook the cdi well now i have no spark and i was wondering did i kill it or could i have hurt the stator some way.is there anyway to check out the cdi before getting a new one or just bite the bullet and get one hoping its the problem.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I would eliminate the kill switch. what kind of sled is it? on an arctic cat you can jump the brown and black wires out of the motor and cut out all the switches.

This user has no status.

Member #
    there no way to test the cdi. sorry. but make sure there arent any more burnt wires. cuz if one wire got hot maybe another did to. did it happen while the sled was running?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jay34rw
    I would eliminate the kill switch. what kind of sled is it? on an arctic cat you can jump the brown and black wires out of the motor and cut out all the switches.
    the motor is a late 80s or early 90 skidoo about a 440 no identification on it the body is a 92 polaris, thats how it was when i bought it and just the kill switch was hooked up i was trying to get lights and hand & thumb warmers working

Quote Originally Posted by prox_171
    there no way to test the cdi. sorry. but make sure there arent any more burnt wires. cuz if one wire got hot maybe another did to. did it happen while the sled was running?
    no it happened with the engine off i was using a battery to find headlight and hand and thumb warmer wires the motor is a late 80s skidoo and the sled is 92 polaris only wire hooked was for kill switch

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links