Snowmobile VIN Question
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Snowmobile VIN Question

This is a discussion on Snowmobile VIN Question within the The Performance Tuning Shop forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hi does anyone know how to determine the year of a sled from the vin number? I have a 1992 Indy 650 RXL that was ...

"); }

Thread: Snowmobile VIN Question

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi does anyone know how to determine the year of a sled from the vin number? I have a 1992 Indy 650 RXL that was manufactured in 1991 according the the sticker on the sled. The only batterys that will fit in this pig are the 1993-1997 size. The only other possibility is the battery tray was replaced at some time. The motor appears to be the original. Any ideas?

P.S. Anyone know where to get a 1992 oem battery tray?

is is happy to see farmers
    almanac says cold and snowy

Member #
    just run the bigger battery that won't make a difference might be better

This user has no status.

Member #
    I would like to run the battery that was intended for the sled (it is larger in size). It is just a inch too tall and I cant bolt my exhaust down. I am wondering if the battery tray has been replaced or maybe even the entire motor assembly. The sled seems to run ok with the smaller 1993-1997 battery. Jim

This user has no status.

Member #
    If the sticker says it was made in 1991, then it is a 1992 model. You could go to your polaris dealer and have them pull up the microfiche for both a 1992 and a 1993 and compare the way they look and the part #.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links