NFL Fines for Hits
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

NFL Fines for Hits

This is a discussion on NFL Fines for Hits within the Off Topic forums, part of the General Discussion category; I dont know how many people follow the NFL but this year the NFL has really been cracking down on helmet to helmet hits or ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fines for Hits

is Hey.

Member #
    I dont know how many people follow the NFL but this year the NFL has really been cracking down on helmet to helmet hits or leading with your helmet. This isnt affecting the defense, but also the offense. Hines Ward got fined for a block he put on someone on sunday. Not sure what your thoughts are, but i think its a joke. Last time i checked football was known for hard hits and thats what teams go for, a fast, hard hitting defense. I understand how they are worried for the safety of the players, but at the same time if you have a free safety with 4.3 speed hits that lead with a helmet are bound to happen. If players hit too hard they get fined, if they try and lay off a bit theres a chance they could give up a touchdown.

Its a lose lose for defenders in the NFL now.[Disappointed]

Football isnt an easy game, people do get hurt.

Super Moderator
    is Blessed

Member #
    So based on your theory it should also be legal to block in the back and below the waist as well? Hell take out the knees, who cares if anyone gets hurt, getting hit is part of the game.........

is Hey.

Member #
    ^^Thats just plain stupid, you can easily control how you block someone. Hines Ward got fined for a legal block(there was no flag) for hitting helmet to helmet. How did you come to your conclusion based on my theory? What im saying is i dont think the NFL should fine players for hitting with a helmet. If they are doing that, they might as well go back to the old leather helmets.

edit: your last statement is exactly what i am trying to say, the first part of what you said was the part i disagree with.

is picked up an 05 f7 SP
    yesterday. Pumped!

Member #
    Hitting is part of the game, but you can seriously injured by helmet to helmet. I've had multiple injuries from this and it can really screw up your life if you get it enough times, become paralyzed or worse. It's for the saftey of every player, not just the reciever but the defender as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SoDPFhT-u8&feature=related

That is why^^^^

Super Moderator
    is Blessed

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srx_600
    ^^Thats just plain stupid, you can easily control how you block someone. Hines Ward got fined for a legal block(there was no flag) for hitting helmet to helmet. How did you come to your conclusion based on my theory? What im saying is i dont think the NFL should fine players for hitting with a helmet. If they are doing that, they might as well go back to the old leather helmets.

edit: your last statement is exactly what i am trying to say, the first part of what you said was the part i disagree with.
    Have you played a down of football in your life???? so now you are saying you can't control you helmet when making a hit?????

is Hey.

Member #
    Think of it from the offensive side of the ball. A running back like adrian peterson, who is a hard running back, lowers his head and he hits a defender helmet to helmet. The league will do nothing about that.

I am all for the safety of the players, but accidents will happen in a game like football.

MNslednecks look what i said in my original post. Do you think every free safety out there with the kind of speed they have can control every movement they make prior to hitting a reciever? What is the first thing that will more than likely hit, shoulder pads or a helmet. Shoulders and heads are close on the human body, so its easy for someone trying to hit with their shoulders, accidentally hit with their head.

is picked up an 05 f7 SP
    yesterday. Pumped!

Member #
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlo4hdSzXQE
    This isn't helmet to helmet but this is really bad. Happened to me last year in the same way....

Super Moderator
    is Blessed

Member #
    You got the accidents will happen part right. Also who cares how much they fine these guys they are making more than you are I will ever see in our lives! its like taking 10 bucks from you are I!

is picked up an 05 f7 SP
    yesterday. Pumped!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srx_600
    Think of it from the offensive side of the ball. A running back like adrian peterson, who is a hard running back, lowers his head and he hits a defender helmet to helmet. The league will do nothing about that.

I am all for the safety of the players, but accidents will happen in a game like football.

MNslednecks look what i said in my original post. Do you think every free safety out there with the kind of speed they have can control every movement they make prior to hitting a reciever? What is the first thing that will more than likely hit, shoulder pads or a helmet. Shoulders and heads are close on the human body, so its easy for someone trying to hit with their shoulders, accidentally hit with their head.

If they are good they will.lol[beatup]

I think the other part of the problem is you don't know if someone tackled another helmet to helmet on purpose or not, so to be fair I think the fine everybody if it happens, whether it was on purpose or accidental. And the fines are pocket change to them.

This was deliberate, by Hines Ward as well!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NJYruxZ4Zg

Super Moderator
    is Blessed

Member #
    If you ever played any defense and tackled anyone in your life you sure as hell can control your head when leading with it for a tackle. I would be willing be bet in 75% of the helmet to helmet blows in the NFL the defender is trying to send a message to the offense when he lowers his head. ie atwain bolden's play..... Now i fully understand that from time to time there will be helmet to helmet contact that is accidental.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads