LED LIGHTS ON A SLED - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

LED LIGHTS ON A SLED

This is a discussion on LED LIGHTS ON A SLED within the Sled Shed forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Hey I'm curious to know what kind of battery I should invest in my sled is carbed and i don't feel like insuring the thing ...

"); }
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: LED LIGHTS ON A SLED

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey I'm curious to know what kind of battery I should invest in my sled is carbed and i don't feel like insuring the thing so don't want to risk a fire.

is Ridin the XC600RMK this
    year.....good times

Member #
    as long as u put an inline fuse in the wiring (i used a 3amp) u will be fine since the small fuse would blow long b4 the wiring got hot enuf to melt

is Just chilling at work

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RMK_Edge_700
    Hey I'm curious to know what kind of battery I should invest in my sled is carbed and i don't feel like insuring the thing so don't want to risk a fire.
    Hey fuse it or if you want to play it safe walmart has a sport bike battery they are small and about $30

Quote Originally Posted by brnr17
    led doctor, im curious about putting some led's on my new dragon. I have the CFI or whatever they call it (FUEL INJECTED) but no battery. My question for you is, if a sled comes prewired for an accessory plug in for say a heated helmet shield, would wiring the led's to that accessory plug in cause a problem?
    yes go ahead and use the accessory wire just fuse both sides of switch so just incase there isn't anything being thrown back to the stator.

is .

Member #
    I hooked mine up to the headlight and that worked fine. Don't hve them anymore cause when it was stolen they got thrown onto the exhast and melted.

This user has no status.

Member #
    LED Doctor, message me on here I want to get the whole kit for my sled.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LED-DOCTOR
    Quote Originally Posted by RMK_Edge_700
    Hey fuse it or if you want to play it safe walmart has a sport bike battery they are small and about $30

Quote Originally Posted by brnr17
    led doctor, im curious about putting some led's on my new dragon. I have the CFI or whatever they call it (FUEL INJECTED) but no battery. My question for you is, if a sled comes prewired for an accessory plug in for say a heated helmet shield, would wiring the led's to that accessory plug in cause a problem?
    yes go ahead and use the accessory wire just fuse both sides of switch so just incase there isn't anything being thrown back to the stator.
    Thanks Man

is Boxing match in a couple days

Member #
    i bought LED's for my sled and what i did was instead of buying a lantern battery like my freinds did with theres, mine runs off my handwarmers, when the hand warmers are off during the day which makes most sense cause its nice during the day then hte LED's are off, at night when the hand warmers are on cause its colder the LED's are on i havnt had a problem with it yet and there on there 2nd season it works well

is Just chilling at work

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CatMan4Life
    i bought LED's for my sled and what i did was instead of buying a lantern battery like my freinds did with theres, mine runs off my handwarmers, when the hand warmers are off during the day which makes most sense cause its nice during the day then hte LED's are off, at night when the hand warmers are on cause its colder the LED's are on i havnt had a problem with it yet and there on there 2nd season it works well
    thats the input I'm looking for thanks Chris

is time to watch the pats

Member #
    if i were to install a battery to run them i have to charge after i use it everytime right? or will it last a bit before i charge it?

is Let me see that WHITE GOLD

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LED-DOCTOR
    Quote Originally Posted by CatMan4Life
    thats the input I'm looking for thanks Chris
    im curious, do you have the exact total amperage that your kit installed would draw? i'd like to compare it to what a heated shield draws out of curiousity

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links