1975 indy cheeta 400
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

1975 indy cheeta 400

This is a discussion on 1975 indy cheeta 400 within the Sled Shed forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; i got a 1975 cheeta 440 this summer for free and started to clean it up. the motor had no spark and we tryed alot ...

"); }

Thread: 1975 indy cheeta 400

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    i got a 1975 cheeta 440 this summer for free and started to clean it up. the motor had no spark and we tryed alot to get spark. came down to cdi box we think. and the clutch was rusted badly so i junked the motor. i bought a indy 400 from my friend for 40$ but the ski was ripped off and so was the trailing arm. the motor has spark. so i took the motor out and im puting it in the cheeta. its a tight fit but it looks like it going work... lol. wish i could post some pictures of this rocket sled for ya but dont got no way to. i took every thing off the cheeta i got the undercarage out got both skis off. seat is gone and i took off the the stuff that is unnessesary weight. once i get the undercargae painting up and looking good. and i put the skis and it back in ill make some mounts and get the motor in there. then ill get the coolers in spot and hook up all the lines.and by then i hope i got some SNOW to test it out on.

whats u guys think lol

is Too short of a season...

Member #
    Sounds like a pretty fun project. How much time is this all going to take?

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    well i went through the cheetah already and put it back together. i got the motor in but i got to make some mounts. then once i got it mounted i gona hook up all the lines for the colant and coolers. and gas ectra.... then ill start her up and c if it goes. i hope so..

i would say i should have it done but next month. but i cant test it for real till we get some snow!!

is Too short of a season...

Member #
    Sounds fun, make sure to take many pictures. We love pictures around here man!

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    ill take pictures of the process and ill get a scanner and get some on here some time. i just got some sqaure tubing for the mounts today. but ill be gone this weekend so i wont get no work done on it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Working on old sleds is still fun and a great experiance. here is a before and after pic. of a 1979 jag with El Tigre 500cc engine in it. This thing screems because it doesnt way a thing. I have even taken it across a small lake!

[attachment=13205]
    [attachment=13204]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This user has no status.

Member #
    hell yeah

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links