Big snow + winds = danger - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Big snow + winds = danger

This is a discussion on Big snow + winds = danger within the Mountain Riding forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; YEs excellent post the other day we went from blue sky to 0 visability in about a minute and a half. We moved back into ...

"); }
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big snow + winds = danger

This user has no status.

Member #
    YEs excellent post the other day we went from blue sky to 0 visability in about a minute and a half. We moved back into the trees for a break after playing in a meadow and one of the guys makes the comment how great a day it was and a lil over a minute we couldnt see past the front of our sleds. We thought we could wait it out in the trees but it was getting worse and worse so we decided to chance it. We had to do lil 20 ft jumps in between gusts all the way back as there was drop offs all along the trail we used to enter the area. I have never seen it so bad before. a 1 hour trip took 3 to get back, it was blowing so hard it was trying to push you off the sled when you stood up! Remember we went from blue sky to this in a min and a half! crazy! Mountain conditions can change on a dime!

is brused battered and smiling
    from ear to ear

Member #
    Death toll this year has already exceeded the last FULL four individual years of statistics. Snow is coming in abundance this year with no signs of letting up. Be safe, be smart and arrive alive everyone.

Super Moderator
    is voting for Hillary in 2016

Member #
    Avalanche basics

Basic little slide show that goes through avalanche basics. Good educational read that could save your, or my life.

This user has no status.

Member #
    take a course, carry the gear, check conditions, ride with buddies and practice searching, seconds count so get good at using your beacon

This user has no status.

Member #
    That's why I'm scared about mountain riding. Scare of Avalanches. I'd love to try it but too scare and my wife as well. One of our friend died in Avalanche few years back, so that another reason.

Last edited by SnowMany; 12-16-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling misstake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links