03 F7 not reaching full speed
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 03 F7 not reaching full speed within the Arctic Cat forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; My 03 F7 is only reaching 78mph and staying at that speed. RPMs are running high but it dosnt seem it's going through all it's ...

"); }

Thread: 03 F7 not reaching full speed

This user has no status.

Member #

My 03 F7 is only reaching 78mph and staying at that speed. RPMs are running high but it dosnt seem it's going through all it's stages to get me my max speed. It has a secondary clutch and I just put a new belt on. Don't understand why it only stays at 78 and the engine just seems it's whining out and not giving full potential.

is can't wait for snow!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordankitelinger View Post
    My 03 F7 is only reaching 78mph and staying at that speed. RPMs are running high but it dosnt seem it's going through all it's stages to get me my max speed. It has a secondary clutch and I just put a new belt on. Don't understand why it only stays at 78 and the engine just seems it's whining out and not giving full potential.
    Ya seems like a clutch issue. maybe check the wear on the clutch weights, check the rollers also to make sure the weights are rolling as it closes up.
    1998 ZR 600 EFI Limited Long Track
    2001 ZL 700
    You aint first your last

This user has no status.

Member #
    Are you positive you bought the correct belt when you put the new one on?
    2003 Edge X 700 Black/Yellow
    SLP pipe/can, SLP Air Horn and Boost Bottle, VForce 3, Rush skis, Geared & Clutched, Electric Start, Reverse, IQ seat with Fusion trunk/taillight, Camoplast Cobra 1.375"

1999 Polaris XC 500
    SLP silencer, Boost Bottle, Geared & Clutched, on-the-fly adjustable Fox dual remote reservoir front track shock,
    Fox front shocks with triple rate springs, IQ seat/tank and LED taillight, Camoplast Predator 1.25"

is a MI resident. Sled is a 1995
    550 Cougar, showroom
    condition! SnowTrailsTV IS NOW
    broadcasting current season on
    DESTINATION AMERICA (Saturday
    @7am)- http://snowtrailstv.com

Member #
    You didn't say how many miles are on it. But if you have 5k miles, it's past due for you to go through and rebuild/replace the primary/secondary clutches (and replace all drive and idler bearings - while I'm mentioning miles.) And what he said on correct belt. Don't trust the prior owner put the correct belt on - make sure it's the right belt - check the manual or ask the dealer what belt your sled uses. Check/replace the plugs/wires if needed. A lot of people change plugs every other season, if not every season. If that doesn't solve it, check fuel delivery and check compression.

is spent 80%of my money on women
    and booze...the rest I wasted.

Member #
    After you double check the belt size. Take a look at your clutch weights specifically. The bushings in the weights like to wear out and the weights will fly out a little sideways and rub against the spider assembly in the clutch, prohibiting full shift out. And usually if this is the case then a lot of other clutch parts will be worn out too. The clutch weights are a good visual indicator, but if they look fine, it doesn't necessarily mean the problem isn't clutch related.
    1998 XC 700
    SLP pipe and can, boost bottle, VForce, 64g weights with almond-blue, aaen roler secondary 50-36 helix, 1.25 Ripsaw w/144 studs, pro-x rear susp, 2 in riser, handlebar hooks, third testicle, and good brakes.

"I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links