95 jag deluxe bogs down and dies, even lightly easing on the throttle
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 95 jag deluxe bogs down and dies, even lightly easing on the throttle within the Arctic Cat forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; So my dad bought a 95 jag deluxe, we got it to the point where it idled ok, but it bogged down and just about ...

"); }

Thread: 95 jag deluxe bogs down and dies, even lightly easing on the throttle

This user has no status.

Member #

So my dad bought a 95 jag deluxe, we got it to the point where it idled ok, but it bogged down and just about died with the slightest little bit of throttle.

Then we had got it to the point it could actually take off and go, but after his second pass when he went to turn around it died when he let off the throttle, and we havent been able to get it even idling since.

The carb has been cleaned, and I'm pretty sure its not a clutch issue cause its not even reving enough to engage the primary.

Any suggestions would help, already have two sleds that need to go the the shop, dont want to take another.

is getting the itch

Member #
    on our 92 Jag we fought this issue the entire 10 years we owned it finally we just parked it for 3-4 years dad decided to sell it I said let me have one more crack at it, jumped online did some reading found a wiring schematic showing how to bypass the throttle safety kill, that sled was the biggest beats it had ever been after that we still sold it but I road the crap out of it until we did, im sorry that was a couple years ago I no longer remember the wiring but basically you find the two wires going up to the throttle switch in the handle bar and in short you scotch lock them together I believe, if oyu plan on keeping the sled id find a better way then a scotch lock but that's basically the jist of it hopefully it helps you in your research
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

is getting the itch

Member #
    I would also make sure all your key and kill switch wiring and switches are good conditions being as cat needs a closed circuit to runand corroded connection wire or failing switch could also give issue, we had the handle bar by pass plug was pretty handy its a two prong weather plug you install into the stator plug and it would by pass everything between the stator and ignition coil it was good way to test everything only way to shut it down was pull the plug wires

Lookup Blaine on youtube (not sure his exact channel but if you find alot of cat videos you got him) he was our go to guy with cat electronics very smart guy and helpful
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links