Help..2010 Dragon Switchback or Dragon Shorttrack???
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Help..2010 Dragon Switchback or Dragon Shorttrack???

This is a discussion on Help..2010 Dragon Switchback or Dragon Shorttrack??? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I'm in the market for a new sled. This will be my 4th season riding. My current sled is an 03 Polaris XCSP Edge 600 ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help..2010 Dragon Switchback or Dragon Shorttrack???

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm in the market for a new sled. This will be my 4th season riding. My current sled is an 03 Polaris XCSP Edge 600 and want to try something new.

I've narrowed my decision down to either the 2010 Dragon Switchback 600 or Dragon Shorttrack 600. I ride in Northern NH and want a good general all around sled. I also like to ride a lot of miles and want to get more into off trail riding this year.

Your thoughts?

Thanks
    Eric

Waiting for more snow
    is The snow is here!

Member #
    I would go with the switchback. The 136" would be perfect for me where I ride here in maine. I'm sure it would suit you well in NH. I would love to pick up a leftover 2010 next year but don't know if I will be able to afford it

This user has no status.

Member #
    136 will be a lot better off trail.........................................

is missing riding.

Member #
    longer track, smoother ride, IMO. i'd go with the 136

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'd go with the switchy but I'd highly recommend the 800. I've got both and it's night and day power difference. Well worth the extra dough. My 800 is upgraded to an 1.5" ripsaw and it does this like nothing....
    Attachment 161287
    They're both shorty's but either way, I'd go 800. The reason I didn't go 136" in 09' is cause I'm not a huge fan of the air 2.0's but now you can have the 136" with walker evans for no extra cash.

My .02

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yep, id definitley get a Switchback. All we have are 121s which do good, so far i havent gotten stuck at all, but my 500 really fights the deep powder. It just doesnt have enough flotation along with the crappy stock track, but it gets the job done. When i get my own sled i really want a switchback so i have the extra track for when i need it. Plus our XLT Touring has a longer track, not sure if its a 136, but it rides better then our 121s.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thanks for the feedback thus far. Each year I've have thought of picking up a new sled but never pull the trigger. I've ridden a ton of different sleds from my riding buddies or at snowshow events. I always seem to really like the Polaris sleds though.

I am curious how different the Dragon with handle compared to my XCSP? My riding buddies both have new XP's, one has an etec the other the 800 and I find them to be very darty. The few Dragons I've riddin at snow shows seem to be much more planted. Also I have to admit I love the look of the new flat red and the longer tracked sleds!

As far as the 800 compared to a 600. I prefer the 600's for a few reasons. I feel me personally, can ride the 600's to their total potential through corners etc. where as the 800 is more of a point and shoot type of deal. When I've ridden the two xps (etec 600 vs 800x) I much prefer the 600. But that's just me I guess And I feel I ride fairly agressively too.

steep n' deep
    This user has no status.

Member #
    switchback all the way. espeacilly a dragon. you dont even notice the 15 more inches on the trail, but you get flotation off trail. im guessing it has a .25 bigger lug wich is a plus.
    I used to have a 06 switchback 600 with a can, but needed a better powder sled, because id never be caught dead on a trail.
    so i went to a 06 RMK 700, with mbrp can.
    just got it a week ago, cant wait to ride!
    but congrats on buying a sled!

^^^
    never mind about that.
    here it goes.
    Id certainly go with the switchback. You dont even notice the longer track on trail and helps alot in the deep pow! Also is the #1 choice for bumpy trail riders. Im not sure, but i also think it has a bit bigger lug witch is nice. Thats only my opinion tho, i used to own a switchback, 06 600 not a dragon, and it had a long track (144), but it had lots of power, reached high speeds and handled the pow pretty good.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 748eric
    Thanks for the feedback thus far. Each year I've have thought of picking up a new sled but never pull the trigger. I've ridden a ton of different sleds from my riding buddies or at snowshow events. I always seem to really like the Polaris sleds though.

I am curious how different the Dragon with handle compared to my XCSP? My riding buddies both have new XP's, one has an etec the other the 800 and I find them to be very darty. The few Dragons I've riddin at snow shows seem to be much more planted. Also I have to admit I love the look of the new flat red and the longer tracked sleds!

[highlight=yellow]As far as the 800 compared to a 600[/highlight=yellow]. I prefer the 600's for a few reasons. I feel me personally, can ride the 600's to their total potential through corners etc. where as the 800 is more of a point and shoot type of deal. When I've ridden the two xps (etec 600 vs 800x) I much prefer the 600. But that's just me I guess And I feel I ride fairly agressively too.
    Man, you can handle the 8...you have to understand how easy it is to steer and control this 09'on up front end. It's effortless. I'd at least ride one first or you may regret it but what do I know?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I hear you on the 800. The other reason is I don't want to worry about the 800 motor issues of 09. I know they most likely have fixed the issue, but my 600 has been bulletproof with over 6200 miles and not one single problem. But....if I get a chance to try out an 800, I'm certainly not going to pass it up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links