800 dragon 2010 or 800r ski-doo 2008
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

800 dragon 2010 or 800r ski-doo 2008

This is a discussion on 800 dragon 2010 or 800r ski-doo 2008 within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; The only answer I want to here is Dragon or skidoo they are both around 121" track Thanks...

"); }
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 800 dragon 2010 or 800r ski-doo 2008

This user has no status.

Member #
    The only answer I want to here is

Dragon or skidoo

they are both around 121" track

Thanks

is .

Member #
    Dragon. Personally I like the dragon better and I've been told many times skidoo had bulkhead strength issues in 08.

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    I would have to say the 800 ptek doo is more reliable, but you also get a weaker sled. Where as I've heard that 800 poo motors like eating pistons. But you get a tougher chassis. I would wait for some more answers but I'd probably take the doo on a reliability standard depending on what package it is. X package heck yeah.

is the cost of the Pro is now
    less than $100 per mile,
    sweet!

Member #
    Bulkhead strenght issues? I have never heard of that.

Both are good sleds, both have had a few issues that have been corrected if they have had the recalls done. If you can take them for a ride and figure out which one is most comfortable for you to ride choose that way.

is demands more snow!

Member #
    I haven't heard anything about the Poo's eating pistons. If it's a 2010 hes looking at, it would be covered by the factory if it blew wouldn't it? I would go with the Poo.

is More Snow... YES PLEASE!!!

Member #
    Dragon..hands down... allows you to stretch out on long rides...doo does not,ur kinda stuck in one spot.....

is .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonryder
    Dragon..hands down... allows you to stretch out on long rides...doo does not,ur kinda stuck in one spot.....
    ? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_summit
    I saw it a few times on dootalk and HCS.. I was going to post links but I can't find them now..

is just got a dumping of like
    10-14" snow, this is after 10"
    Febuary 24th and 4" March
    first.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarisIQ600HO
    The only answer I want to here is

Dragon or skidoo

they are both around 121" track

Thanks
    First off, the Polaris IQ Dragon is a 121" skid frame, the Ski-Doo Rev-XP is a 120" skid frame.

What year of a Polaris Dragon are you interested in? 2009? 2010? New? Used?

Polaris: All Polaris IQ snowmobiles share superb handling and ride characteristics, on par if not ahead of the XP chassis (if the Ski-Doo in question is a 2008, the Polaris is superior). Definitely known for one of the best in the biz by the consumers, magazines, and real world testers. The Walker Evans shocks on the 2009 & 2010's are great shocks, adjustable, "cool factor" and functional. Ergonomics are unmatched in the industry IMO, but everybody has there own tastes. The Liberty 800 H.O CFI twin on the other hand is a whole different ball game. Granted if the motor has all the updates done, and is unmolested (new, or close to) should be relatively trouble free for years if you run a PC-5, as the 800 H.O CFI's inner demon is "reflases". I personally know a mechanic for the local Polaris dealership, as well as the two salesmen and the manager. People have taken the 800 H.O CFI's fail rating and blown it way out of proportion. It may be worse the other other 3, but it is not as bad as it is let on to be. Don't let people, accusations and word of mouth (AKA Gossip) get the better of your decision, the 800 with a PC-5 and all the updates is definitely a strong running machine, no doubt about it.

Ski-Doo: Although the Ski-Doo Rev-XP chassis has made a name for itself labeling it the bench mark in snowmobile innovations and refinement, they are still far from perfect, and although people seem to have a hard on all the time for the Rev-XP's, they are not "all there cracked up to be"...(definitely not far off of what they are "cracked up to be" though). The Rev-XP is light and easily maneuverable, ride awesome, and are have a very efficient drive train. Ergonomics are close of not on par with the IQ chassis's, and will make anyone smile all day long. Now, in 2008, Ski-Doo had a tough go at the Rev-XP (first production year granted) there were many recalls and problems affiliated to the chassis's mostly(bulkhead, track, suspension, steering post, heat exchangers, and the list continues...). On the other hand, the 800R power-tek motors are very torquey, but potent and abrupt,lacking the 800 H.O CFI's "buttery smoothness". Although would get you to the end of the lake first, by a small margin, the motor will probably be more trustworthy than the 800 H.O CFI's... More reliable? not necessarily, trustworthy? IMO yes.

The Verdict is are you biased towards either brand? Why an 800? Have you ridden/looked over/sat on either sleds? any chance you get your hands on either of them for a test drive? Do you prefer power? chassis strength/rigidity for jumping? cosmetic appeal? Whats your riding style?

There are so many variables it is impossible for a fellow rider to tell you "buy this because ____", as everyone is different. If it were me, I'd go with a Polaris Dragon 600 H.O CFI for multiple reasons, but there are 100's of people who would agree and disagree! It's your call since your the one riding it!

(All of this is IMO, as I know people like "flaming" people for saying things they don't particularly like hearing/reading.)

Cheers.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Neither! I hang with a lot of Polaris and Skidoo guys and both those sleds are trouble! I have seen both these sleds go down and fast. If you need to have one buy a 600 and stay away from the 800's. I love Polaris but would not recommend those two sleds from what I have personally seen and been told from my pals at the dealer ships. My neighbors brand new 800r motor went twice last year. Yes these sleds are on warranty and I guess if you don't mind it sitting in the shop or plan on getting rid of it when it is off warranty then buy one. I would look at Yamaha or Arctic cat for high HP sleds this year.

Cheers

is just got a dumping of like
    10-14" snow, this is after 10"
    Febuary 24th and 4" March
    first.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeboarderboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonryder
    ? Please explain.

[color=red]I believe he is trying to stress how the Polaris has a little more room than the Ski-Doo, as the Ski-Doo seems to push you into the console a lot, and feels like your sitting on the motor. [/color=red]

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_summit
    I saw it a few times on dootalk and HCS.. I was going to post links but I can't find them now..
    I know two people personally that bought 2008 Ski-Doo Mxz 800R Adrenaline's, spent more time in the dealer on recall work than it spend being ridden. Did they get two bad eggs? Maybe, coincidence? IMO small chance.

Quote Originally Posted by XCR HYPER TRIPLE
    Neither! I hang with a lot of Polaris and Skidoo guys and both those sleds are trouble! I have seen both these sleds go down and fast. If you need to have one buy a 600 and stay away from the 800's. I love Polaris but would not recommend those two sleds from what I have personally seen and been told from my pals at the dealer ships. My neighbors brand new 800r motor went twice last year. Yes these sleds are on warranty and I guess if you don't mind it sitting in the shop or plan on getting rid of it when it is off warranty then buy one. I would look at Yamaha or Arctic cat for high HP sleds this year.

Cheers
    Couldn't agree more! Get yourself a 600! A clutched 600 is not far behind an 800 like it or not! 2009 Polaris IQ Dragon SP 600 H.O CFI. This would be my choice, not a far stride from the 2009 Ski-Doo MxzX 600 H.O SDI though.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links