2004 switchback 700 det light blinking
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2004 switchback 700 det light blinking

This is a discussion on 2004 switchback 700 det light blinking within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a 2004 switch back 700 and when im riding it runs fine for about 10 min but the second it warms up and ...

"); }

Thread: 2004 switchback 700 det light blinking

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have a 2004 switch back 700 and when im riding it runs fine for about 10 min but the second it warms up and im hammering on it the det light comes at about 80 then goes off and come back on again around 80 if I let it sit for a se it runs great any idea what the hell my problem is plugs are brand new and run new gas line from the tank to the carbs because I thought that they might be sucking air at high rpm also it does it in powder anywhere last year i didnt have this problem and didnt have it at the first of the year cleaned water traps on carbs and also drained tank completely also check termostat works fine

is Yeah two belts in one weekend,
    nothing like ridng a cat lol

Member #
    Try running a tank of premium and see if it goes away.

is Listing the sled in the new
    year, time to move on to
    something else. Maybe
    snowcheck

Member #
    Sounds like either bad fuel, or an air bubble in the coolant system. The det should only come on and retard timeing due two things. Over temp or crap fuel. Had this once or twice on my switchback in the past.

Cheers

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JONESIE
    Sounds like either bad fuel, or an air bubble in the coolant system. The det should only come on and retard timeing due two things. Over temp or crap fuel. Had this once or twice on my switchback in the past.

Cheers
    thanks I will see what I can do have you ever heard of the d.e.t box going bad or the temp sensor going bad this sled only has 2000 miles on it

Quote Originally Posted by Empire087
    Try running a tank of premium and see if it goes away.
    all I run is premium fuel any other ideas

This user has no status.

Member #
    mine did this also, ended up i was losing coolant slowly, there are 2 retainer clips that hold the antifreeze manifold to the block underneath the y-pipe, one of these reatiner clips was missing.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links