hits on one cylinder, but which one?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on hits on one cylinder, but which one? within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Ok, did the ol back break manual labor of dragging mine from the back corner of the shed. Get er out let er idle a ...

"); }

Thread: hits on one cylinder, but which one?

is getting the itch

Member #

Ok, did the ol back break manual labor of dragging mine from the back corner of the shed. Get er out let er idle a little bit. Sounds really strong and healthy just on puts around the yard some, get on in the ditch and giver her a couple more beans, pulling up on an approach and she loses it. Sounds like one cylinder hitting I limp it to some around ground and jump off. The Temp light is on solid, (flash is detonation?). I pull up around to the shop pull the pto plug wire off, no change in engine sound, put the pto plug wire on and pull the mag plug wire off, still no change in sound. It most definitely is running different then it should and its really bogged out. Its not loaded up. Throw it in reverse to back away from the shed and park it by the house, idles perfect, sounds healthy, pop it back to forward sounds like crap again. Do these newer sleds have a *limp mode* like is it actually overheating and retarding spark timing or something?

Any help would be great, im sure its a noob question and im missing something obvious just having total brain lock its been to long since i road.
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

is January 2016, 80 mile ride.
    Highest mileage total in 6
    years!

Member #
    Yes they have a DET mode that will retard things when overheating. I had a 2005 same sled as you that would kick into DET if you had it out of the snow for longer than a few minutes on a warmish day. That heat exchanger under the tunnel needs to be full of snow all the time. What kind of temp was this in / how long?

is getting the itch

Member #
    was probably 20* out just doing some ditch riding, my snowflap is tore of so i suppose thats probably what did it
    Garrett R-

2004 Polaris 700 RMK Vertical Escape 144" Converted to 163x2.25" l 7T No Slip Drives l Anti-Stab l PERC l Hand Guards l SLP Pipe/Can l SLP Intake Air Horn l 8" Big Wheel Kit

69 SnoJet JetFlite working on restoration / 72 SnoJet StarJet Deluxe

2006 Ram 1500 MegaLaramie 5.7L Auto 4x4 STOCK

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links