clutch rebuild
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

clutch rebuild

This is a discussion on clutch rebuild within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a 2002 800 xc sp with the M10 suspension. I had an issue with the clutch sticking, so decided to rebuild it. I ...

"); }

Thread: clutch rebuild

This user has no status.

Member #

clutch rebuild

I have a 2002 800 xc sp with the M10 suspension. I had an issue with the clutch sticking, so decided to rebuild it. I screwed up the fiber bushing on the movable sheath. I am in the process of "digging" it out. Can I remove it using a propane torch? Once out, how hard is it to press the new bushing in? Also, My spider and movable sheath show signs of the weights wobbling and wearing away some of the metal. Can I still use these parts, or, should I just bite the bullet and get a new clutch? Thanks in advance for the help.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i would get a new/used clutch. for the money and time you will be putting into getting this clutch back up to par, you're better off finding a good used one.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I usually cut them out. There is a special tool to put them in. Tried it with a socket and ruined one.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I got both bushings out. Having local dealer press in new ones. I already bought the rebuild kit and tools, so I am just going to rebuild this one. Thanks for the replies.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by digger65 View Post
    I got both bushings out. Having local dealer press in new ones. I already bought the rebuild kit and tools, so I am just going to rebuild this one. Thanks for the replies.
    I got my bushing tool from whal brothers i believe. was like $30. Definitely a good buy if you are doing more. Pops them out and in.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links