2004 polaris switchback 700 won't rev over 7k
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2004 polaris switchback 700 won't rev over 7k

This is a discussion on 2004 polaris switchback 700 won't rev over 7k within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; My 04 switchback 700 won't reach top end. It goes up to 7k pretty well but won't go higher. I've replaced the power valve bellows ...

"); }

Thread: 2004 polaris switchback 700 won't rev over 7k

This user has no status.

Member #

Question 2004 polaris switchback 700 won't rev over 7k

My 04 switchback 700 won't reach top end. It goes up to 7k pretty well but won't go higher. I've replaced the power valve bellows and gaskets because they were both shot but that didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Josh

This user has no status.

Member #
    It is also idling at 1000 rpms and a little boggy off the start. Could these be related?
    Thanks
    Josh

This user has no status.

Member #
    I just had a similar problem with indy 500 EFI. Had me scratching my head, thought it was fuel or clutch related. Come to find out it was the PTO side spark plug boot was barely making a connection. Cleaned it up and screwed it back into the wire and now it screams well above 8k. I kind of ignored the plug color now it makes sense that the PTO side was darker than the Mag side. Do your plugs look the same color wise? Are they light brown in color or Black? Could also be a weak external coil (CDI)

This user has no status.

Member #
    check your carbs and maybe clean them, i had the problem with mine (04 switchback) one of my jets fell out and was inside the bowl, could be a bad temp sensor too.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I figured it out, I had a down spark plug, I replaced them and it was so much better.
    Thanks for your input
    Josh

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links