94 XCR 600 Triple tops out at 45mph
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 94 XCR 600 Triple tops out at 45mph within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; So my sled isn't used much. Mostly around the house but today took it to a friend's property. It wont pull anymore once it reaches ...

"); }
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By polaris_ben

Thread: 94 XCR 600 Triple tops out at 45mph

This user has no status.

Member #

So my sled isn't used much. Mostly around the house but today took it to a friend's property. It wont pull anymore once it reaches about 40-45. It seems ok from the start up low end but I don't have much to compare that to either. At about 40 it revs but doesn't accelerate any more, that is the max speed but it is still revving about 6,000 at least. I can let off to 3/4 throttle and keep the same speed. So my question is do I need both clutches rebuilt or just secondary? Or something else need adjusted? Sled has about 3500 miles on it. Thanks

This user has no status.

Member #
    Both clutches could use a once over if they have never been serviced. The spring are likely sacked out and you may have some sticking parts. Also, make sure the belt is good as in not dry rotted or worn beyond it's service life.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Polaris...it IS the way out!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I just installed a new belt yesterday while riding because the old belt had some missing teeth. It is a new belt and that made no change though. I looked today at rebuild kitsch, it doesn't look like much to replace on them. Bushings, slides etc

This user has no status.

Member #
    I also checked belt deflection tonight, specs call for 1 1/4" and mine measured at about 1 1/2. Not sure if that bit makes a difference or not. 🤷‍♂️

This user has no status.

Member #
    I would check for a broken primary spring and a broken secondary spring or a sticking/dirty secondary. To rebuild the primary completely you will need $300+/- in specialty tools. when the face is off the primary, check the rollers for flat spots and excessive wear.

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you do decide to buy the tools, you can get everything you'll need to service the Primary for $161.89 at the link below. This will work on your P85 clutch.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMARY-CLU...4AAOSwEzxYdSkF
    whitexc likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris_ben View Post
    If you do decide to buy the tools, you can get everything you'll need to service the Primary for $161.89 at the link below. This will work on your P85 clutch.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMARY-CLU...4AAOSwEzxYdSkF
    Edit- after some research it looks like that puller is for the liberty twins, I would still buy that kit and just buy the correct puller separately. you can't beat that price. A good puller should run about 20 to 30 bucks

Super Moderator
    is Meatball CYI

Member #
    Check compression, clean the carbs, change plugs and go from there..Should be revving over 8000RPM, I doubt its your clutches. I have had broken springs and bad rollers before and it will still run better than what you are describing.
    Last edited by RMK-KING; 02-25-2020 at 09:33 PM.
    Current Line
    -19 Pro RMK 850
    -17 Switchback Assault 800
    -00 XCR 800
    -95 Storm 800

Days get shorter,snow gets deeper,life gets better.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links