SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

This is a discussion on SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Originally posted by 8liter [br]i believe the slp pipes have the lowest rpm requirement and they sound awesome w/o being real annoying.you won't believe the ...

"); }
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

zeg
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by 8liter
    [br]i believe the slp pipes have the lowest rpm requirement and they sound awesome w/o being real annoying.you won't believe the difference.you might want to get the slp billet heads and gut the airbox.i have some clutching that might work for you also.pm me if interested.
    i alredy have a slp clutch kit with both spring helix and ramps but i dont know if it will be sutable for the upgrade i. I know that they are hard on cranks i just rebuilt mine 610$ to fix my crank but i think if i can manage to keep the rpm low i should be fine . Plus i run real good oil

This user has no status.

Member #
    if you haven't done so already,go to the slp website and download the instructions.that will tell you what they require for rpms and what they will start you off with for jetting,clutching etc.i found a few different things have worked better for my applications but it's a good place to start.

zeg
    This user has no status.

Member #
    [br]if you haven't done so already,go to the slp website and download the instructions.that will tell you what they require for rpms and what they will start you off with for jetting,clutching etc.i found a few different things have worked better for my applications but it's a good place to start.
    hummm acording to them peek is 8900 to 9100. i know all about the crank problem on my sled but i did drill out the pto oil hole and im just thinking now. I know if i do this i can fail my crank. witch is not that bad i can fix it. and i dont drive that much . but i would love to see the boy's faces when i blow by them with that roring sound . il sleep on it.

is is just checking in. :)

Member #
    Originally posted by zeg
    [br]
    [br]if you haven't done so already,go to the slp website and download the instructions.that will tell you what they require for rpms and what they will start you off with for jetting,clutching etc.i found a few different things have worked better for my applications but it's a good place to start.
    hummm acording to them peek is 8900 to 9100. i know all about the crank problem on my sled but i did drill out the pto oil hole and im just thinking now. I know if i do this i can fail my crank. witch is not that bad i can fix it. and i dont drive that much . but i would love to see the boy's faces when i blow by them with that roring sound . il sleep on it.
    Trust me man the HP number SLP gives I believe are pretty accurate. Those sleds absolutely rip after you add pipes. Be careful, do it right, run some good oil and hopefully it will run great for you.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Zeg my XLT 600 runs at 8500 and will smoke a stock xlt bad with only half throttle so get the SLP pipes and run it at 8500. Since youve got a rebuilt crank the pipes shouldont blow it. Also I would reccomend the slp billet heads as well. You will see a big power difference. But dont go near 9200 or yer cranks hours will be numbered. I have the updated crank but I still wont run her at 9200.

is ;left the sleds up north and
    we got 16" of snow down here!
    DAMMIT!!

Member #
    Originally posted by CanadianXCR
    [br]if you tune it properly and don't drive like a mad man all the time i'm sure it will be fine...23hp sounds like a bunch is bs to me, maybe 10-12 true useable hp i would estimate...
    The 23hp gain SLP claims is accurate when setup to their specs. Xlt's rip with triple pipes.
    If I was to put on triple pipes, I would also run EGT gauges to be safe.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i can see a 23hp gain at the peak but theres no way that those pipes give a 23hp gain right across the powerband...

This user has no status.

Member #
    swap to an ultra engine an pipe it, just a suggestion

is is just checking in. :)

Member #
    Originally posted by CanadianXCR
    [br]i can see a 23hp gain at the peak but theres no way that those pipes give a 23hp gain right across the powerband...
    Cripes what do you want, no pipe can make consistent hp across the entire powerband. It's just not feasible. Pipe building is all about getting alittle and giving a little. So consistent power isn't going to happen.

Here's the stock powerband off a 94'...

I garauntee 23 hp anywhere is a big plus for this sled!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Stick with the slp pipes, They are the best choice for your setup. I put an ultra motor in my xlt. Its not that simple a job if you want to do it right. $$$$$

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links