SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

This is a discussion on SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; you might be happier if you bought an ultra or xcr 800.i've had both and i lovem'.had slp's on my ultra and just got new ...

"); }
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

This user has no status.

Member #
    you might be happier if you bought an ultra or xcr 800.i've had both and i lovem'.had slp's on my ultra and just got new slp's for my xcr 800.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes it was, I stand corrected. Even so not a good choice. The storm was a slug. getting off topic you r

This user has no status.

Member #
    Run those pipes. You'll love it. The ones on my xlt have been on there for three years. IT runs about 8500 rpms. My xlt also had the oil hole drilled out and had the crank rebuilt about 4 years ago. I did a compression test during this summers work and it still has 120 psi across all cylinders and runs like a champ.

is is just checking in. :)

Member #
    If you are going to swap motors, then I would consider the 680, because it responds to pipes much better than the 800.

This user has no status.

Member #
    i have a 95 xlt sp with the xtra 12 in it. i heard that if you want pipes from slp you have to run different pipes from the regular xlt 600. can anyone clear up the confusion for me please?!?!?!?!

This user has no status.

Member #
    My 97 xlt sp w/ x-12 currently has psi modblasters from an ultra w/ x-10(has an ultra motor). I have the stock exhaust from both the 97 xlt sp and a 94 xlt sled and they are identical. I hope this helps.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I had PSI's on my 93' XLT special with the 3 seperate mufflers. The sled twisted 9100 all day long. I put 2700 miles on the sled before I sold it with no problems. And yes, they do give you 23 more peak horsepower. And no, I did not lose any low end or mid range. I picked up horsepower accross the board and the sled was a whole new animal. Not even close to the stock single pipe motor. Just jet it and ride it using some common sense. Holding it WOT for 2 miles will most likely grenade it. Clutch it right and it will be a blast. Smoked many XCR600's ZR580's and Doo 583's with pipes back then due to the clutching. You can find used pipes for it at a reasonable price today. Do it and enjoy.

[8D]

A.K.A. XC_RACER1998
    This user has no status.

Member #
    well i asked my dad on this one about ur pipe situation he said he had them on and he said he was taking alot of 700s back when he had it he also told me to get the tough boy crank kit and try and get a hold of a 1994 xcr 600 prototype race sled botom end with the extra oiler on the crank he said it mite be hard because there were only 500 of em made umm also adrien bernard has a good crank rebuild or even better get the crank welded anyways if u have anyother questions on mods for this sled pm me my dad used to open class race em

This user has no status.

Member #
    I wouldn't weld the crank just my opinion. Sure it will make it strong and hold up great, but by chance if you do run it hard and it blows your gonna really tear the lower case to crap. A welded crank coming a part in my opinion would take the case completely out and leave you looking for a different one.

I have also heard about slp or one brand of pipes being different between the xlt and xlt SP. When I was looking at pipes for my sled a while back I noticed on one the sites that the xlt 600 had a product number and the xlt sp had a completely different one. So its possible that between the two motors the pipes could be slightly different.

is requesting snow, lots of it...
    ...that is all.

Member #
    Originally posted by Skipponator
    [br]Personally I wouldn't chance it, not on a 600 mono, crank jobs are $$$, I've been down that road once.
    Me too, last season, $1500.00parts and labor. I ride a 96 XLT SP. Had to do the crank, new pistons, rings, bored it .20 over...expensive. I have heard to stay away from pipes as well on this machine from many sources.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links