SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

This is a discussion on SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Im thinking of putting on a set of SLP pipes the web sites clams a 23 hp increase witch i doubt . Any one here ...

"); }
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SLP pipes on a XLT YEs or NO

zeg
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Im thinking of putting on a set of SLP pipes the web sites clams a 23 hp increase witch i doubt . Any one here got that on their sled here is the link

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=19&pro ductID=193

This user has no status.

Member #
    i would buy them my uncle has them, they sound awesome and you can tell a big hp difference.

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    yea but i am not sure but i heard that the tripple pipes help the motor blow but thats just hear say
    Waiting for that BEAUTIFUL WHITE STUFF!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    if you tune it properly and don't drive like a mad man all the time i'm sure it will be fine...23hp sounds like a bunch is bs to me, maybe 10-12 true useable hp i would estimate...

This user has no status.

Member #
    the monoblock triple doesn't like 9000 rpm and that's what most makers require.i had aaens on mine and i couldn't keep a crank in it.to be fair,i was trying to keep up with zrt's and the like.i was told that the mono crank is a 400 with an extra rod and journal etc. and they just won't take the twisting of the extra power.the only ones that i saw that would stay together were the "tough boy" modded ones from slp.

zeg
    This user has no status.

Member #
    yhea if i put this on i will not go over 8500 but im just wondering if i will gain anything i might be under the power curb im gona look more into it

This user has no status.

Member #
    i believe the slp pipes have the lowest rpm requirement and they sound awesome w/o being real annoying.you won't believe the difference.you might want to get the slp billet heads and gut the airbox.i have some clutching that might work for you also.pm me if interested.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Personally I wouldn't chance it, not on a 600 mono, crank jobs are $$$, I've been down that road once.

is Looking for a used F6 or F7
    for the 13 year old

Member #
    well if you're going to go anything for pipes I would go slp. But Im not a pipe type of guy. I believe that they destroy a sled and a can sounds better. I have a DG can and it's just awesome. But I think you lose hp. I don't know. But if you are getting pipes, I hear slp's are the way to go if you have an xlt.

This user has no status.

Member #
    slp makes good stuff.i just ordered a set for my xcr 800.i try to spend my money with them.they have great tech people also.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links