Polaris Spring Chart - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Polaris Spring Chart

This is a discussion on Polaris Spring Chart within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; Originally Posted by jeastin880 Gentleman. I have two clutch problems. 93 XLT clutch engages around 4k and when it does it grinds and slips a ...

"); }
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Polaris Spring Chart

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeastin880
    Gentleman. I have two clutch problems. 93 XLT clutch engages around 4k and when it does it grinds and slips a bit sort of a ratcheting sound, then whamo it grabs and away you go. The other clutch problem is my 91 Indy trail. It vibrates like crazy and makes so much noise it almost isnt worth riding.
    I am thinking in the first one that the bushing the inner sheave slides on may be worn. Don't know if it is replaceable on that clutch.

The 2nd one could just be all worn parts but might also have a worn bushing. If you have never rebuilt these before I would suggest getting some knowledgeable help. Hate to see you still have problems when you are depending on them duriong your trip.

Remember the sheaves are balanced and oriented to each other so they MUST be assenbled in their original position.

This user has no status.

Member #
    If i buy a rebiuld kit i will have to get a alignment tool as well correct? I am a very mechanical person so i am expecting to do this work myself, as my wallet tells me as well. I have a clymer manual for the sleds so i will follow that close. Where should i go to get the correct factory type parts??

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jeastin880
    If i buy a rebiuld kit i will have to get a alignment tool as well correct? I am a very mechanical person so i am expecting to do this work myself, as my wallet tells me as well. I have a clymer manual for the sleds so i will follow that close. Where should i go to get the correct factory type parts??
    There is a gauge to check the shaft center to center distance and also the offset between the primary and secondary.

If you don't have a source to get a discount from, I would suggest looking in Dennis Kirk for both the parts and the tool. Here is a link.

http://denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/rootcat_mmy.jsp?rootCatId=3&redirect=false&store=M ain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links