Do I have a carburetor or fuel injected
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Do I have a carburetor or fuel injected

This is a discussion on Do I have a carburetor or fuel injected within the Polaris forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; REALLY stupid question but yes, I'm clueless when it comes to simple stuff like this. So I go out this morning to start my sled ...

"); }

Thread: Do I have a carburetor or fuel injected

is is doing the summer routine...

Member #
    REALLY stupid question but yes, I'm clueless when it comes to simple stuff like this.

So I go out this morning to start my sled and start prepping it for next week and I can't get it started. So I added some fuel since it was pretty low when I put my sled up and put Stabil in it.

Anyway I have a 2004 Polaris XC 800 SP and was wondering do I have carburetor or do I have a fuel injected sled?

I honestly have no clue. I see the two things that point forward (REALLY I am trying to learn about engines and repairs) from the engine. Is that a carburetor?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

I just read some specs for my sled and it says: CARBURETION 2 TM40

Oh boy...so confused

is is hoping for a ride tomorrow

Member #
    You have a carbuerated sled. They sit between the air box and engine. Thats why you have a choke. Maybe you should start reading through past topics. You will learn a lot of interesting things that will help you in the future.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mjay beat me, yes your sled has two carbs, polaris had EFI in the '90's and then decide to drop it for a few years then it came back in 2005 with the Fusion.

Polaris man will be able to answer most of the simple stuff like any thing stock on the sled like carbs, track, clutch weights and springs, etc.

Here is the link, I hope it works.
    www.polarisman.com

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you really want to see what everything is and how its assembled click on the link below. Pick your year and model of sled and you can see everything down to the last nut and bolt.
    [thumb]

http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp

is is doing the summer routine...

Member #
    OK Thanks all I thought I had carbs but my future BIL was trying to tell me all new sleds 2000 and newer are fuel injected.

Anyway, I didn't have much fuel in it and tossed in the Stabil when I put it up for the summer. Well I go out there and I'm pulling and pulling on it with no luck. I put in like a gallon of fuel from the garage (they used it for the lawnmower -nonmixed-) so its not that old.

Should I just go ahead and fill up the tank and toss in some of the SeaFoam? As I said when I put it up for the summer, it ran perfectly fine.

Any suggestions? I really don't want to take apart the carbs since I'm not familiar with putting it back together/rejetting etc etc etc The carbs can't be THAT bad just over that short period of time. Like I said I never had ANY engine problem before me putting the sled away.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes the fuel can be that bad from just sitting over the summer. Did you put the Stabil in the tank and run it for a bit before you stored it? If the stabilized fuel made it into the carbs you should be ok but its no guarantee. If you ran it and shut the fuel off it might take quite a few pulls to get it going again. Either way with the crappy fuel we get today you might as well make it a yearly ritual of cleaning your carbs, if they aren't you might find out the hard way with a melted piston or two.....

Try putting a little squirt of fuel directly into the plug holes or into the carb and see if it fires that way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links