ski doo mxz 500 1998 keeps flooding out
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

ski doo mxz 500 1998 keeps flooding out

This is a discussion on ski doo mxz 500 1998 keeps flooding out within the Ski-Doo forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; i have a 1998 ski doo mxz 500, i have taken both carbs off and cleaned them the best i could. I put them back ...

"); }

Thread: ski doo mxz 500 1998 keeps flooding out

This user has no status.

Member #
    i have a 1998 ski doo mxz 500, i have taken both carbs off and cleaned them the best i could. I put them back on and it started right up. we left it over night after ridding for a half hour. i then went out the next morning to ride and broke the pull courd after pulling a couple of times, it fired but didn't start. we put a new cord on and pulled it twice she started right up. I rode her fore 1 hour, i then parked it for half hour. i went to go ride again and it was flooded. mind you that it was flooding bad bad before we cleaned the carbs. the engine was full of gas. we think the float is sticking but not sure. was thinking someone else would know a little more... i was going to get the carbs acid washed but wasn't sure if that would help.

if you can help me out that would save me a lot of money and just help me out a bunch....thanks
    also put new spark plugs in it!!

is Plowing snow

Member #
    Take off carbs
    Take off bowl
    Remove main jet, mixing tube, pilot jet, float, needle and seat, air mixture screw
    Using break clean and compressed air, clean every nook and crany untill all is clean and free of crap
    Reassmble float and ensure it moves freely and the arm is adjusted so the arm is level,and with the float arm closing the needle
    Also ensure there is no crap in the fuel tank, any peice of crap that gets into the carb can stay in the seat and not seal the fuel passage causing a flood

This user has no status.

Member #
    ill try thanks for the help

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links