SRX 700 Issues?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SRX 700 Issues?

This is a discussion on SRX 700 Issues? within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; [14pt][/14pt]Well I have just bought a 2001 srx 700 and was wondering if there are any major problems or parts that wear more often... my ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SRX 700 Issues?

This user has no status.

Member #
    [14pt][/14pt]Well I have just bought a 2001 srx 700 and was wondering if there are any major problems or parts that wear more often... my sled has 5,000 miles with a new top end, wider skis, 136" track, 2" paddle, m-10 suspension, o'lehin shocks, and a modified EFI controller. Any tips or sugestions would be great thanks.

is first sign of white gold :D

Member #
    should be a good sled for ya. 700 tripples run for ever. the only real thing i noticed is that some little bushing in the back of the secondary wear out and will eventually make your belt squeal at an idle. but no big deal. just go through the sled from top to bottom. also a set of tripple pipes makes a world of a difference

This user has no status.

Member #
    SRX's have triple pipes stock. It sounds like you have a few good mods to help that sled out as far as traction and ride quality. As stated, keep up the maintenance and they are a solid sled that go like hell when tuned properly. I know there was an issue with the wiring harness that runs under the motor shorting out because it rubbed on something...not quite sure but a quick search will bring some good info. What is this modified EFI controller you speak of? These sleds had carbs....

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot33
    should be a good sled for ya. 700 tripples run for ever. the only real thing i noticed is that some little bushing in the back of the secondary wear out and will eventually make your belt squeal at an idle. but no big deal. just go through the sled from top to bottom. also a set of tripple pipes makes a world of a difference
    haha yup i forgot to mention that... its tripled piped too...thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by whitexc
    SRX's have triple pipes stock. It sounds like you have a few good mods to help that sled out as far as traction and ride quality. As stated, keep up the maintenance and they are a solid sled that go like hell when tuned properly. I know there was an issue with the wiring harness that runs under the motor shorting out because it rubbed on something...not quite sure but a quick search will bring some good info. What is this modified EFI controller you speak of? These sleds had carbs....
    yes i know it does have carbs but the guy i am buying it off of has a efi like controller..he said it basically lets less gas in when its warm out and when its cold it lets more in. I didnt get into full detail but do you know anything about the powervalves? I heard you have to really keep mantience on them or else they will break

is Hey.

Member #
    What year is the sled? Some had crank issues.

And yes SRX's came stock from the factory with triple pipes.

As for as what you describe as an "efi like controller" is probably either a vara-flow, tempa-flow, or ataac.

Just clean the powervalves as preseason maintenance and you will be good.

is waitin for snow

Member #
    i would check for wire harness rub-through.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srx_600
    What year is the sled? Some had crank issues.

And yes SRX's came stock from the factory with triple pipes.

As for as what you describe as an "efi like controller" is probably either a vara-flow, tempa-flow, or ataac.

Just clean the powervalves as preseason maintenance and you will be good.
    Yeah he did not give me much info but siad warmer weather=less fuel...cold weather= more fuel... and yeah i checked the powervalvees and i do need one new powervalve and one new cable. its a 2001

is Wyoming in 10 days!

Member #
    I believe the wiring harness issue was only 98. And all you had to do was rerout it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by srx1107
    [14pt][/14pt]Well I have just bought a 2001 srx 700 and was wondering if there are any major problems or parts that wear more often... my sled has 5,000 miles with a new top end, wider skis, 136" track, 2" paddle, m-10 suspension, o'lehin shocks, and a modified EFI controller. Any tips or sugestions would be great thanks.
    just make sure you keep them powervalves CLEAN only run 93 and higher octane great sleds love mine ,but you have to keep those powervalves CLEAN

is waitin for snow

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by SXMTX
    I believe the wiring harness issue was only 98. And all you had to do was rerout it.
    my 2000 had rub through on it. it wouldnt hurt to check it over. i racked my brain trying to figure out why my sled wouldnt run right. i do was told only 98s had wire problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links