2011 yamaha apex se
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

2011 yamaha apex se

This is a discussion on 2011 yamaha apex se within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; I have a 2011 Yamaha apex se . I just changed the gear oil,the engine oil, and put new donuts in the exhaust manifold . ...

"); }

Thread: 2011 yamaha apex se

mjp
    This user has no status.

Member #

2011 yamaha apex se

I have a 2011 Yamaha apex se . I just changed the gear oil,the engine oil, and put new donuts in the exhaust manifold . now I start it up. wait for the red light to go off and then ride down the street . on my way back the engine light is blinking. also when I hit the throttle when I first took off the clutch doesn't kick in until just under 4000 rpm maybe 3800 . same with reverse . it makes it hard to reverse kicking in at such a high rpm . last but not least after the very short ride and the engine light is blinking, when I hit the throttle it like bogs down like it doesn't want to go. I brought it to the shop and they told me they cleaned fuel intake something or other. any way its still doing the same thing . I have three things to wonder about. just wondering if it makes sense to you. first I wonder if I pinched the fuel line when I put the tank back on. second I'm wondering if I might have an air block in the cooling system because when working on it I disconnected one of the coolant lines when I didn't have to but a small amount of fluid came out and I put it right back on . and last is I have read some posts about the t.o.r.s. and don't know if it could be that but I have no clue. I would appreciate any advise I can get before I bring it back to the shop for a hundred bucks an hour.actually after thinking a little more I realized that it cant be the cooling system because the red light would come on for over heating so that's out. its just the yellow engine light blinking and then staying on. really wondering if I slightly pinched the fuel line .
    Last edited by mjp; 12-17-2017 at 02:18 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am guessing this is a carb'd machine? It does sound like a fuel issue. You should be able to get the codes from that sled I believe. Not that you are unwelcome here but I will point you to a forum that will get you answers.

https://ty4stroke.com/

Join up over there and you will get lost in all the info. Good luck with the Yammi.
    Polaris...it IS the way out!

mjp
    This user has no status.

Member #
    well after all that it was because I only had one bar on fuel. sorry I guess I'm stupid but I would have never guessed an engine light would come on just because your low on fuel ... a separate light for fuel,yes . what ever. the sled ran perfect all day when I filled the tank. lol...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ahh, good call and thanks for following up on the thread.

mjp
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I still would like to know if anyone could tell me at what rpm should your clutch kick in at. I think mines to high and was told I could have that lowered by changing the weights in the clutch . its fine for normal trails but not good for tight quick turn trails

mjp
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I still would like to know if anyone could tell me at what rpm should your clutch kick in at. I think mines to high and was told I could have that lowered by changing the weights in the clutch . its fine for normal trails but not good for tight quick turn trails . one kicks in at 3800 and the other kicks in at almost 5000

This user has no status.

Member #
    There are a few factors that determine engagement but the spring in the primary clutch is the biggest determining factor in that. Take the spring out of the 3800 sled and find a match for the 5000 sled.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links