I need some info on a 1987? yamaha Exciter 570
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I need some info on a 1987? yamaha Exciter 570

This is a discussion on I need some info on a 1987? yamaha Exciter 570 within the Yamaha forums, part of the Brand Specific Snowmobile Discussion category; My friend is getting one next sunday and he wants to know how they are and the top speed? are they liquid? and if they ...

"); }
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need some info on a 1987? yamaha Exciter 570

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    My friend is getting one next sunday and he wants to know how they are and the top speed? are they liquid? and if they ever had problems

Later Steve

This user has no status.

Member #
    my dad has one and it sounds mean after he put a set of pipes on it. Its a nice quick sled, they are liquid cooled. Top speed around 85-90mph. FYI..don't go busting trials in fresh power since they will sink if its not long tracked(my dad found it out the hard way).

This user has no status.

Member #
    I got one of them new in 87, I must have melted it down at least 10!!! It run lean in the midrange, psi made a set of needle jets that helped this problem, I still have a set if your interested Be careful not to jet it down on the edge or you my be walking!! But it was fun to ride as long as your not to aggressive be cause it will put you in the top of a tree some were, man I came close a lot of times

This user has no status.

Member #
    Like Many manufactures yamaha in 1987 were desperatly trying to catch up with the rest of the top three . The Exciter 570 was there answer but one that may have been a little early and had at least one major update worth mentioning if it has butterfly carbs like the phazer Dont buy it. Second set of carbs were roundslides and had a power jet in them on the third recall they finally got something right made a kit to remove the powerjet and the burndowns started to go away. All of these were factory recalls and most of the carbs were changed out but beware of twin pipes if you dont like to tune!

This user has no status.

Member #
    very light and low. seem to work alright. my father has one.

is snow where are you, I miss
    you!!!

Member #
    I have two, 1987 exciters, both have the buterfly carbs, we have over 13,000 miles on them both, we have only rebuilt them once, we have never burned them down. but then we don't run them lean. they have been very good sleds for us. One thing we had to do with both, is tape up the plug wire that runs over the radiator hose, it wore though, and was shorting out, we couldn't figure out why they were both missing, and we would change plugs like crazy, once we found the source, they have run perfect ever since.

also, the TORS system has been disconnected for quite a while, and the carbs get gummed up once and a while, but they are pretty easy to remove and clean.

is @ 300 miles for the season and
    looking for more!!!

Member #
    Are they loud?
    Waiting for that BEAUTIFUL WHITE STUFF!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have an 87' Exciter. I love the machine. It has been very reliable and always starts. Quick light machine and will do around 90. My sled has the later roundslide carbs and some Bender plugs where the decompression units use to be. They are not that loud stock but have a nice 2-stoke sound.

[attachment=12772]

[attachment=12773]
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This user has no status.

Member #
    My buddy has an 88 Exiter and it has been a very reliable machine, there were days when it was so cold that it was yhe only machine to start without pulling you arms out of their sockets. It is a backbreaker on the trails compared to all the newer machines though and there is something going wonky in the steering.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have 2 of them one has a long track and it runs great at 9500 miles of mountain riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links