80 Jag oil injection
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

80 Jag oil injection

This is a discussion on 80 Jag oil injection within the Vintage forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Took my 2nd ride on the little Jag today. My first oil injectied sled... This thing is scaring me! When I got it, the previous ...

"); }

Thread: 80 Jag oil injection

is Back on a Ski-Doo, but still
    have the little Jag cause its
    so damn much fun to ride!

Member #

80 Jag oil injection

Took my 2nd ride on the little Jag today. My first oil injectied sled... This thing is scaring me!

When I got it, the previous owner said for fear of oil pump failure, he was running it with 40:1 premix AND keeping the oil tank filled... I'm thinking not good because the bellypan was covered in oil, & when I first had it running, it was blowing oil out of the muffler onto the floor, and smoking terribly bad. A tool box inspection revealed about 20 NGK spark plugs, and a ratchet with a plug socket on it. OK, this thing is a plug fouler... Im thinkin "hell yea it is, when its over oiled!"

Put 2 brand new plugs in it, filled the oil tank, then filled it up with straight reg gas (like it should be). Ran it on the stand for a few mins for a couple days, then took a short 10min ride last sat. Today, I got it out again, & hammered it pretty good for about 30-45 mins. I noticed when I put it back in the barn there was considerably less smoke than before, so Im thinking todays ride has finally blown & burned all that excess oil out. There was no oil spot on the floor this time after 5-10 mins of iding in the barn.

So now Im at the critical point, Im sure its now running on reg gas & relying on the pump for lubrication, the question is, "How long can you run one without sticking the motor?" I would think after the little thrashing I gave it today, it would surely be locked up if the pump was not working...

This user has no status.

Member #
    did the level in the oil tank go down? if it did its suckin earl , if not u better pre mix

is Back on a Ski-Doo, but still
    have the little Jag cause its
    so damn much fun to ride!

Member #
    Havent really run it enough to see a change in oil level, Im going to try the arm lift trick today & see if I get a smoke increase

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links