Pantera still blowing lights!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Pantera still blowing lights!!!

This is a discussion on Pantera still blowing lights!!! within the Vintage forums, part of the Snowmobiles category; Ok--I have replaced the voltage regulator 2 times and every light on it 2 times. It will idle and go up to about 2000 Rpm's ...

"); }

Thread: Pantera still blowing lights!!!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok--I have replaced the voltage regulator 2 times and every light on it 2 times. It will idle and go up to about 2000 Rpm's with all the lights on. After I hit about 2000 rpm the headlight blows then after a few minutes the dash lights then the tail light.
    Is it possible the 2 voltage regulators were bad (they were used) or is there something else I should be looking at? is there a way to test the volt. reg.?
    Also when the lights are working they seem really bright--brighter than normal--the dash lights almost blind you.
    I have a new reg. on the way but don't want to risk burning it up if there is another problem that needs to be addressed.

is Not enough snow and trails not
    open yet!

Member #
    if the resistance of the regulators is higher than 100 ohms, they're no good.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I don't get a reading from any of the volt. reg.'s on any setting of the ohm meter. I'll wait for the new one to get here and see what happens.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links