SF Forum Ride Planning (Wisconsin) - Page 34
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

SF Forum Ride Planning (Wisconsin)

This is a discussion on SF Forum Ride Planning (Wisconsin) within the SF Group Rides forums, part of the General category; Hey guys, hope you're having a great ride right now. I did go to the U.P., I e-mailed you again on Wed. Mike, not sure ...

"); }
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: SF Forum Ride Planning (Wisconsin)

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey guys, hope you're having a great ride right now. I did go to the U.P., I e-mailed you again on Wed. Mike, not sure why you didn't get it. It worked out better for me to go up there and come home yesterday, family stuff today (Sun.). Looked like a lot of snow there on the way back, hope to come up there soon. Finally some colder weather is settling in. Let me know how your riding went.

About half the time in the U.P. we were powder riding on forest roads. I hadn't done a lot of that before, but it sure is fun, kinda like surfing (I was up with one knee on the seat most of the time). Only got stuck once. LOL It's crazy in 2 or 3 feet of powder, I can't imagine when they get 4+ feet up there.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Had a great day yesterday!!!!!!!! I rode with Mike,Mike,Mike,Dave,Dave. Sure was easy to remember names!!!!LOL Mike(440racer) and his freind Mike did a heck of a lot to show all of us his riding area!!! I'm sure pictures are coming soon. We had a great time and would have went back today except my friend Dave's back is bothering him. I hope everyone had as good of a time as I did!!

is still alive, but lurking in
    the shadows.

Member #
    Great time!!!!
    I thought for sure that I would be sore as all hell the next day, but it wasn't bad at all.
    The day had its "moments, though. Like coolers popping open and the stuff inside flying everywhere..... meeting at a T intersection, only to find out "hey, these aren't the guys we were riding with." ... and some visibility problems (I need to clean my shield BEFORE I ride, not just before dark.)

The next day, me and Mike (who I found out later IS a member) rode some of those same trails. We headed to Keyes Lake and then over to Tipler to watch Super Bowl eXtra Large. There were some people we know staying up around there.

I lost ten bucks on the game. Seems that I lose every time I bet on "the big game."

It was a long way back to Lakewood, but the groomers had been out and almost nobody had been on them.
    We didn't really notice how cold it was until we stopped around Laona to let the machines cool down.

The people we met up with in Tipler didn't think we'd be back to Lakewood before sunrise.
    It was about 20 after 4 when we got back to the motel.

PICTURE TIME. []

What a difference a week makes.
    [attachment=25670]
    Here's a picture in front of our room, the last Saturday in January.

And here's one from the first weekend in Feb.
    [attachment=25671]
    The two Cats are about where my sleds were in the first pic.

This next one, The parking lok was so full of sleds that one guy had to park on the ROOF!!!
    [attachment=25672]

[attachment=25673]
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm........ sssnnnoooooowwwwwwwww

[attachment=25674]
    One of the Mikes.

[attachment=25675]
    Another Mike.

I would have taken more pictures, but everything I have with a bettery in it wasn't working for me.
    My cell wouldn't make calls, and my camera batteries went into the GPS. And sometime on Sunday, the Garmin drained that set too.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

the shadows.

Member #
    All said and done, I put 453 miles on my machine this weekend. I don't think I put that many on all last season.
    [attachment=25761]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hey Dave should we get together and do another ride around the area again. We can take another route, there are lots of different routes to take.

hopefully we can get Ranger_Danger up and out with us. I went out a bit today and the trails seemed ok to me, the snow is gettin a lil thin now from all the riders that hit it over the past few weekends. I hardly seen any sleds out this weekend even the gas stations where slow. The hotels didn't seem to packed either.

the shadows.

Member #
    I made a reservation in Lakewood for me and "the wife" for next weekend.
    Ya think MY sled is old, you should see hers. A 1986 Trail Indy that's basically bone stock.
    Not sure how many miles we'll put on, and I'm hoping the trails won't be crowded. The smoother the trails, the less she'll complain...... she never liked the Trail Indy.

.Neil.
    is thinking

Member #
    i just went with friend today we went to walbeno liona crandon (spelling) from amberg some of the trails were sweet cause we started at like 6 in morning and the groomer must of went through. then by the end of day on way home the long streches were good but the small one were horible all in all it was great time tho.

is ;left the sleds up north and
    we got 16" of snow down here!
    DAMMIT!!

Member #
    Originally posted by Indy400_88
    [br]I made a reservation in Lakewood for me and "the wife" for next weekend.
    Ya think MY sled is old, you should see hers. A 1986 Trail Indy that's basically bone stock.
    Not sure how many miles we'll put on, and I'm hoping the trails won't be crowded. The smoother the trails, the less she'll complain...... she never liked the Trail Indy.
    Whatever you do, don't let her drive yours if you don't want to buy a new sled. A friend of mine let his wife drive his ZL500 through a frozen swamp trail in Tomahawk and she didn't let up on him for a week.
    She rides a '96 Indy lite DLX. he fell way behind like she always does on rough trails.
    He just bought this and is picking it up tonite. $3400. Sshe wanted him to get it more than he wanted it! LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Arctic-Cat-ZL600SS-EFI-ESR-SNOWMOBILE_W0QQitemZ4610972814QQcategoryZ42596QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

This user has no status.

Member #
    Very true! My aunt let my uncle take her new 06 rev 2up out for a ride and he said it rides like a caddy. By the end of the night his wife said sell the ZR and get a sled like this. Sure its a 2up and a few years newer so it should ride better. But he never thought one lil ride would have him buying a new sled. His wife also wanted a new sled more then him.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Originally posted by ACEXLT
    [br]
    Originally posted by Indy400_88
    [br]I made a reservation in Lakewood for me and "the wife" for next weekend.
    Whatever you do, don't let her drive yours if you don't want to buy a new sled. A friend of mine let his wife drive his ZL500 through a frozen swamp trail in Tomahawk and she didn't let up on him for a week.
    She rides a '96 Indy lite DLX. he fell way behind like she always does on rough trails.
    He just bought this and is picking it up tonite. $3400. Sshe wanted him to get it more than he wanted it! LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-Arctic-Cat-ZL600SS-EFI-ESR-SNOWMOBILE_W0QQitemZ4610972814QQcategoryZ42596QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Will you be riding in Tomahawk agian? Maybe we can hook up

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links