Just Purchased a stock 2002 Polaris XCsp 600. Can you improve on the stock clutching?
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Just Purchased a stock 2002 Polaris XCsp 600. Can you improve on the stock clutching?

This is a discussion on Just Purchased a stock 2002 Polaris XCsp 600. Can you improve on the stock clutching? within the Clutching forums, part of the The Performance Tuning Shop category; I followed Mad Cow's advice and got a SLP 50/34 Helix and a Polaris Silver/blue secondary spring for my XLT touring and it really seemed ...

"); }

Thread: Just Purchased a stock 2002 Polaris XCsp 600. Can you improve on the stock clutching?

is I like trail ridding in the
    woods

Member #

I followed Mad Cow's advice and got a SLP 50/34 Helix and a Polaris Silver/blue secondary spring for my XLT touring and it really seemed to wake up that big heavy sled. I noticed much better aceleration and nearly instantaneous downshifting since I am running the spring in the 3rd hole.

Yesterday I went out and bought a low mileage (22XX miles 2002 Polaris XCSP 600) with reverse. I heard that they are clutched pretty good from the factory (Blue spring with white stripe 10-58 weights. Secondary is Silver/blue spring/r-11 Helix ) and I was wondering if you could improve on this set up for trail riding. I like a good hole shot and aceleration and a responsive sled for trail riding that down shifts quickly since most trails I ride are in heavily wooded areas and are often quite curvy with occaisional open feilds to dart across and my old XLT touring with the stock mushy red secondary spring was not to peppy out of the corners originally. I seldom go more than 70mph since the speed limit is 50mph on the trails in Minnesota so I am not looking for clutching for best top speed.

Would changing out the stock r-11 Helix to a Black anodized SLP 50/34 Helix improve the aceleration and running the spring in the 3rd hole on the helix improve the back shift over the stock clutching? Or should I choose another helix with a different angle that would be better and which one? Some people said that the best helix made for this machine was a Hotseat HSP 34X (simular to 50/34) which is no longer being made.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1996 Polaris Xlt touring with Simmons 1st Gen Black and purple Flexi skis. Like new 0.875 " 133.5" Polaris SKS track with the full paddle pattern blows away the old lightning pattern 0.82" touring track which was well worn. New Graphite Hyfax installed this year along with 6 inch Magnum runner cutting carbides on the inside edge of the Simmons flexi skis. New mod this year is a set of Legend Thunder Domes on the Polaris XLT. Noticible improvement in low speed grunt and better aceleration and fuel economy too.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links