Spider Button Shim Procedure
Close
Login to Your Account
Snowmobile Fanatics - Snowmobile Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Spider Button Shim Procedure

This is a discussion on Spider Button Shim Procedure within the Clutching forums, part of the The Performance Tuning Shop category; Looking to shim my buttons on my polaris primary. I bought polaris shim kit # 2200387. Clutch # I'm shimming is a 1321713 which updates ...

"); }

Thread: Spider Button Shim Procedure

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looking to shim my buttons on my polaris primary. I bought polaris shim kit # 2200387. Clutch # I'm shimming is a 1321713 which updates to the 2201885-7 series.

I'm rebuilding the clutch, and need to know how to shim the buttons. I know you have to do it on the drive side. Should there be any clearance between the moveable sheave towers and buttons? (how many thousandths) Do you measure the clearance with clutch completely together? Do you measure clearance at bottom or top of towers on sheave?

I know there is a certain procedure but haven't been able to find one yet.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The clearance is .002. Figure it out mathmatically, don't rely on a feeler guage.Use a vernier caliper and measure the distance between the tower at the bottom of the tower. Then measure the spider between the buttons. Subtract the difference. Example: if the difference is .008 then you will need a .006 shim stack to get it to .002.

This user has no status.

Member #

shimming the primary

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    The clearance is .002. Figure it out mathmatically, don't rely on a feeler guage.Use a vernier caliper and measure the distance between the tower at the bottom of the tower. Then measure the spider between the buttons. Subtract the difference. Example: if the difference is .008 then you will need a .006 shim stack to get it to .002.
    I am on a remote teaching assignment, 2500 miles from sled which I will work on this summer. Got any diagrams/illustrations you could link me up with?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links