Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the drag racing posts about sleds going 0-60 in less than 2 sec... thats insane...what is the quarter mile times... makes my cars 0-60mph in 4.8 and 13.1 at 107 look like crap........and that is putting you in the seat...I dont have a sled yet but what do you say i get?????? I'm looking to spend around $3000....I know it's not a lot...but it will get me in the sport!!!!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
right now 3 grand will probably get u around a 98 model or 99.......just look around, mayb wait till it snows so u can ride the sled too......come back w/ ne questions u might have bout it

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
614 Posts
My neighbor pavement races his machz 780 tripple [pipes and jetting only] 6.7 sec in 1/8 mile.
p.s. Your dollar goes a long way up here, if you are close to border maybe buy a sled in Canada. My buddy is selling a 99 xc 700, 1 hour east of Toronto.

"tie wrap it wide open"

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
qwerty
Double posting is a nono Please dont double post

i cant take a day without my polaris Let alone a lifetime.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 97 vmax 600 xtc and all I have done so far is put a 1.75 paddle track and a new gear in, from a 23 to a 21 sprocket for more low end power also I have Vforce reeds that helps but not for the moner you will spend. So if I were you I would just change the gearing and clutch kit. Mine moves really good up to 80 but where I live in the U.P that all you need. I will kick most others ass all day tru the trails.

Justin Jarmus

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
my dad's Viper ran a 6.4 in the 1/8 with a 19-40 gear setup. Stock is like 21-38 I believe. I knew I had some faster runs but they weren't timing me on those ones. Not a port-a-tree setup just a timer with a stopwatch. So couple thousandths off. According to charts I found thats an estimated 10.5 1/4.
If I ever get my hands on the Viper the first thing to be done is flat track and skis and running it at the strip.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sleddaver...your buddy must be in my back yard. I'm in Trenton. Mark

·
Registered
506 Posts
at the shootout this w/e I ran the math as to how fast the winner of open mod 1000 did 0-60 (Tim Hutchison) and it came out to 0.90 seconds. I've turned 1.5's on my SRX, but JEEZ man, under 1 is friggin sick, can we say... neckbrace.

ya, I wanna try this ashpault sled stuff to, that'd be kiler

Sled_Dog, where'd you get that conversion thing, like, 1/8th mile to full 1/4? I have some numbers I'd really like to plug into THAT.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok - I am having a hard time thinking about what it feels like to go 0-60 in .9 seconds. How do you get enough traction to do it? My sled now seems slowwwww.. :)

1997 ZRT800

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I just searched for 1/8th mile to 1/4 mile conversion charts. I have the link at home but I am at school so I can't give it now.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ya, 0-60 in .9 seconds is pretty sick, needless to say, he was wearing a neckbrace all day, I think he actually took a helmetcam with him on his first qualifying pass, I know he was supposed to all day, but pitched it. snowmobiler TV 'caught the whole thing on tape, if you guys watch you may see it (I'm the loser on the Mountian SRX in the background, lol) might actually have some footage of my dads 4-stroke wheelstand in their. I'm really interested to get that tape. try the cosdra website, they said they'd post when the tape was available.

http://www.cosdra.com

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts