Snowmobile Fanatics banner

'00' 500 XC SP

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jbjbjb4 
#1 ·
Here it is on the most snow it's seen all year.

'00' 500 XC SP

See less See more
#2 ·
[navy]Nice sled. My friends mom has a 600 like yours. I see you've got a problem with snow also.

By the way, on your web page it says:

"The year 2000 was the first year Polaris introduced the valve engine (VES) to the trail scene."

The reed valve engine was introduced back in like 1998. Also VES stands for Variable Exhaust System, it does not stand for valve. Nice page.[/font=Century Gothic][/navy]

Remember: Do

Edited by - smxcr on 20 Feb 2002 19:00:59

#5 ·
Off of my free webspace from my ISP<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by confusedguy:

VERY NICE, how did you post the picture?[/quote]

'00' 500 XC SP

#6 ·
I guess I shuld of stated that it was the first year for the 500. I know that the 440 engine had it but that was geared more for the race scene. And the reason I called it a valve engine is because they are really valves. Unless I don't know what I am talking about.<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by SmXcr:

[navy]Nice sled. My friends mom has a 600 like yours. I see you've got a problem with snow also.

By the way, on your web page it says:

"The year 2000 was the first year Polaris introduced the valve engine (VES) to the trail scene."

The reed valve engine was introduced back in like 1998. Also VES stands for Variable Exhaust System, it does not stand for valve. Nice page.[/font=Century Gothic][/navy]

http://www.hpphoto.com/rs/0A0F5E2F-2485-11D6-B42A-0090277A760E/[/quote]

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/j_johnston/pictures/JB.jpg
'00' 500 XC SP

#7 ·
Man, I just love the look of those 45th annaversary sleds.Very sharp.I saw one of those with paddle studs kick ass at the Plattekill drag races last year.That's one hell of a sweet sled jbjbjb4.But those are reed valves, not valves like a 4 stroke, but I may not know what I'm talking about either.Wonderfull thing, that beer....

Dude, don't freak out.

#8 ·
I really really like the looks of the 45th anniversaries. Don't know why just do. VES is exhaust valves. They aren't the same as a four stroke but not the same as a reed valve. They slide to change the porting on the exhaust side. The way an engine is ported affects the way it runs and where it produces power. Used to be yuou have to port it and try and find the perfect balance of low end and top end power but with VES or Power Valve systems they can change the porting and alter where the power is and make more through the range.

#9 ·
Thank you for clarifying that for me Sled Dog. And the main reason I bought the thing is because of the 45th anniversary paint job. I was riding a friends 500 EFI and saw one on the trail and bought mine the next week. God I hate those impluse buys. LOL<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:

I really really like the looks of the 45th anniversaries. Don't know why just do. VES is exhaust valves. They aren't the same as a four stroke but not the same as a reed valve. They slide to change the porting on the exhaust side. The way an engine is ported affects the way it runs and where it produces power. Used to be yuou have to port it and try and find the perfect balance of low end and top end power but with VES or Power Valve systems they can change the porting and alter where the power is and make more through the range.

[/quote]

'00' 500 XC SP

Edited by - jbjbjb4 on 21 Feb 2002 21:44:04

#11 ·
Yeah, it's not so damn flashy, just a real sharp hot looking paint scheme.Super cool.Thanks for the info Sled_Dog , ..er,..Sir.You're a pretty handy guy to have around.As far as valves go, I don't know much about them.My sled isn't case reed, it's cylinder reed assist.From what I understand, it's just a reedvalveology that vaporizes the gas before it goes into the cylinder.I wonder if someone makes better reeds for my sled.That VES is on the Y pipe, or on the motor?

Dude, don't freak out.

#12 ·
Great pic jbjbjbjbjbbbjjbjbbjbjb4!!!!!

Hey what's the login name about anyway? Just curious.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

#13 ·
It is a hotmail user name I set up really quickly one day when I was in college about 4 years ago and never thought about it much when I did it. And Steve the VES is on the block above the exhaust pipes.<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Bman:

Great pic jbjbjbjbjbbbjjbjbbjbjb4!!!!!

Hey what's the login name about anyway? Just curious.

I think.... therefore I sled
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS[/quote]

'00' 500 XC SP

Edited by - jbjbjb4 on 22 Feb 2002 20:46:42

#16 ·
I AM JEALOUS!!! thats a damn fine sled, i wanted one so bad when i first saw them, but i had car payments that wouldnt let me get one, now no car payments and what do i do, buy an xlt.....oh well, such is life. really really nice sled!

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.