Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with clutch setups on a 00' 600 XC NON VES engine? Mine is stock except for 60 g weights. I can't get more than 80 mph out of the sled. The track is not that tight. The sled has only 2,600 miles on it. Pulls hard on the trails but when I stomp on it it gets to about 75 mph and that's all she'll give.

This is the same engine as the 98 and 99 600 XC.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hey Offshore24, welcome to the forum. I have the 99 XC 600 Non Ves and all I did to mine was change the stock 59gms to 60gms and changed the spring to a Red Erlandson. Woke it right up and that's after 5,000 miles. A racer at my sealer also suggested schanging the secondary to a silver spring. I didn't because this was enough wake up for mine and don't think it would've made much of a difference. Hope this helps. I have the chart from Polaris on our clutches and if ya want, PM me with your springs and I can let you know of other combos. You could also check with Madcow. He's a guru on them as well. Mark

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
thanks!!!
first you need to mark the primary clutch by pretty much taking a magic marker and coloring one sheave of the primary, take it for a blast in a safe area, then check to see how far the belt came to the top of the clutch, if it came to the top, and you are at 80, it is more than likely gearing, if they didnt come to the top, then we need to see why not, could be just a simple need new buttons on the secondary. or a whole primary secondary rebuild. lets say all is ok, before you clutch it double check alignment, your dealer can do it or you can get a tool to help you, then make sure mounts are tight and the engine stop pad on the back left of the engine is good and close to the motor, if the sled is stock other than the 60g you put in you have lots of room to play for improvement, it comes down to how much you wiegh, studs? how many? you can do lots of fun things, with them wieghts we can change the primary spring to bring engagement up a little or down depending on what you want, also to save some money you can have a 15 dollar machine job done on your helix to make it work better,

I need to know your weight, studs, how many, or long track with paddles? color of primary spring, secondary spring, and the little number on the back of the helix like r-8 or r-12. and then how you ride, mostly trail at 30-50 or lake or ditch at 10-40mph. and what you expect to gain, or where you want to gain, top and bottom or just top or where ever!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts