Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come to a problem in my search for a new sled. I have found a '00 XCSP 700 ($3800 canadian, with 1500 miles)and an '05 RMK trail ($4400 canadian, with 2900 miles). Both are in excellent condition.

Here is the problem, I want the power of the 700 but the deep snow capabilities of the RMK. I prefer the Edge chassis to the gen II for looks. I have not yet ridden a gen II.

My riding style is aggressive. These are the conditions that I ride mostly deep snow, getting big air, hills, trails, and lakes. I wouldn't mined getting to the mountains this year.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
The RMK is a 550? if it is i think you will be disappointed in the power. Go for the 700, and if its not enough track extend it to a 136 or 144.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is a 550.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That 00 700 is a nice sled, ive had one for years. Easy to maintain due to lack of ves and plenty fast for most. Put a 1.25 on it and it will do fairly well in the powder.

The xtra 10 suspension is a generation behind the RMK but properly set up for your weight and riding style is still a decent ride unless you ride like Blair Morgan.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, for all your help.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is what the dealer is selling it at, but because my dad works there I should be able to get it for around $3000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.