Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Polaris 440XCF with 685 miles on it. For some reason, the machine experiences total bog (falls on its face) when it reaches 5000 rpm. If I feather the throttle and get it over 6000, it takes off and runs great. This only happens when the engine has warmed up.
The jetting is stock (340?)
I have had certified Polaris techs look at the sled. They adjusted the clutch to engage at 5300, checked the timing, opened the air screws 1 1/4 turns. The machine still does the same thing!!
[red]Any suggestions?? I am stumped!![/size=4][/size=5][/red][xx(]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Well, when you say you've had the Polaris techs look at the sled, I assume they've checked all the usual suspects: cleand the carbs, adjusted the idles, choke and throttle cables, made sure the needle n seats were'nt leaking etc etc ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
if it had more mileage i would suspect the clutch, but with such low mileage it shouldn't be hurt. i have seen alot of polaris owners with clutch problems, such as rollers sticking, i would check them just to be sure, they can cause alot of greive but are fairly easy to work on if you have a puller and a spider tool. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts