Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 polaris edge 600, the problem is that the temp light comes and goes, on and off. when the light is off the sled has plenty of power, but when the light is on the motor goes into "limp mode" and the throttle cuts out. could this be a bad temp sensor? I put a new coolant resevoir on last year and it ran fine. It doesnt seem to be hot as the coolant is not boiling over. The light comes and goes as I ride so I think it must be a temp sensor problem and not an actual heat problem. No aftermarket parts on the sled. If anyone can help that would be great. Does anyone know where the temp sensor is and if i can just unplug it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had this happen on my 01 edge x,the seinding unit was bad,it screws into the water jacket on the head.i dont think it will work to unplug but somehow you can bypass it.just dont know how.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
To me, it sounds like a shorted wire. I've seen it happen where one of the wires to the temp sensor was rubbing and the insulation came off the wire, and the result was exactly what is described in the original post. I believe you can simply unplug the sensor, but then you won't have the light if the sled really does overheat.

·
Registered
910 Posts
this happened to me, ireplaced the temp sensor plug from a salvage yard($10) and put in a new thermostat($7) and it never happened again. good point follow your wires to make sure they aren't rubbing anywhere also. i would NOT bypass sensor b/c if you do run hot you won't know it and then you are stuck! good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts