Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the site, and what can I say, it kicks ass! I ride an 01' X 600 ves. I've had if for three years now and I love it! I just took it out to the lake yesterday for the first time this year. My buddy dragged me out, he rides an 01' MXZ 800. My sled is set up for ditch banging, 6" risers, remote walker Evans up front, 96 studs. I dropped a tooth on the top sprocket and I'm just running differnt Polaris springs. Anyways, I ran about 15 other 600's on about a 1 mile stretch..........and to my suprise I was spanking ass out there. The only sled I was neck and neck with was a ZRT 600. Who ever got out of the hole lead the rest of the way by a sled length. From start to finish I took the following:

96 XCR 600
97 Forumula III 600
06' MXZ 600 H.O. (Two of them)
98 XLT
98 MXZ 670
97 Forumula Z 583

I never race on the lake like this, and man it was a blast! Then an 02' Edge X 700 (black and yellow) and an 03' XCSP 800 (blue and white). I asked them to run with me and to my suprize I took both of them..........they both couldn't believe it, right from the hole to top end I pulled away. The lake has about 3 inches of hard pack and was a little rough. My sled was sitting about 4 inches higher in the front end compared to their sleds as well.

The one gent with the Edge 700, said I have the pre-racer edition with the different exhaust valves. We took a look and they are different, but I've never heard of this before????

Have you guys heard of this pre-racer edition or was he just B.S'n me?

What do you guys recommend for the best clutch kit for my set-up???

I would really love to get the 660 kit.......But that's alot of dollars...

I really want to whoop that ZRT's ass.......LOL

Oh, and I take my buddies 01' MXZ 800 from the hole to topend, but when I max out, he crawls past me........plus he has reverse, and E-start.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
He was bs'in ya. I know the capabilities of the 01' 600 as my brother has the same exact sled. More than likely to didn't spin as much as the rest of them did.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actaully everyone was hooking up alot more than I was. I was right beside the XCR and the 600 H.O. they took off about 5 feet ahead of me and then when I hooked up, I pulled by them. They both had 144 studs..........my track is crap and my studs (93, lost 3 of them) are in pretty rough shape. Did you brother have traction problems with his?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
His track was alright but nothing like the new 1.25 ripsaw we just put on it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I used to own the same sled,
[attachment=39336]
yea its pretty quick! No there is no such thing as a pre racer edition! Polaris racers are a whole different chassis. Get the EPI pro series clutch kit, and v-force 3's, and you won't look back, Also if you want traction go with this! 1.25 rip saw with 96 and you won't ever have a traction problem!
[attachment=39338]

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome.........thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I know alot of it sounds like B.S., but I only wrote it cause it really happened. The guy with the 800 XCSP is actually a friend of one of the guys I work with. In a nice way I was trying to tell him there's gotta be something wrong with it.........LOL.

I'm gonna head out tonight and order that EPI kit. Should I go with the standard kit, or mix it up a little? ifferent springs and weights)

Did you find a big difference with the reeds?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Iam gonna be doin clutching and dragin this weekend i think iam gonna try 62 weights and a black and white spring or a blue almond and it 62 is to much weight il do 60's. well see how she does againt my buddie mxzx 600 sdi that hes clutchin on the weekend too.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
01 600s were quick, not many stock sleds will beat with my 01 ProX 600 0-50mph..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup.........that's the one I ordered, the PR-37. It comes with two sets of weights (not sure the weights yet?). Which ones did you run and where did you notice the most gain?

Sudbury.........well it's 4 hours north of Toronto.........in the boonies. We have a local lake that's about 1 1/2 miles long, but it's only 5 feet deep with no current.......so it freezes instantly!
It's like a skating rink in November. It's called "Mud lake" There was about 50 sleds last Sunday.....good times.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i did 10/62 primary weights and a almond blue spring, secondary im still playing with, but how it is now i had to put the blocks to least weight transfer becasue i cant keep the skies on the gound. i also got a new track i put on it to.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm not sure, I thought mine came with one set of weights, and one helix and two different primary spings a maroon and a orange, i ran the stiffer of the two but can't remember which one, i want to say the ornange one was the stiffer. low to mid range was amazing with the stiffer spring, mine was set up for ditches and tight trails, not too much of a lake racer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts