Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i love this site. My question is I have a friend who is looked at buyin a 01 Mountain Max 700 triple. How reliable are the yammy's triples? Ive heard alot of horror stories about polaris triples. This sled is in incredile shape. It has 1900 miles, 156inch track, left hand throttle , aftermarket shock. I would love to hear this is a bullet proof motor. HEHE. I need a ridin partner soon, as i jus bought my 1st sled last week. I will mostly be ridin in Crowsnest Pass and Maybe a trip to Revelstoke.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Yami triples are bullet proof engines. Run very smooth, good mileage and decent power. Stock they are around 115hp.
With 1900 miles, it's barely broke in.
You can check out http://www.totallyamaha.com/ and find all kinds of info there on the MM.
They are nice sleds, and depending on the shape and price they are definitely worth looking at.
good luck shopping[:)]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by ntv69
[br]Hello everyone i love this site. My question is I have a friend who is looked at buyin a 01 Mountain Max 700 triple. How reliable are the yammy's triples? Ive heard alot of horror stories about polaris triples. This sled is in incredile shape. It has 1900 miles, 156inch track, left hand throttle , aftermarket shock. I would love to hear this is a bullet proof motor. HEHE. I need a ridin partner soon, as i jus bought my 1st sled last week. I will mostly be ridin in Crowsnest Pass and Maybe a trip to Revelstoke.
Good reliable motor, but it doesn't compare in power to many of the other 700's. This was part of the reason why Yami's are always so reliable. Less power less weara and less heat. The suspensions were also lacking so you may have to play with it a little to get the feel you want. But you should have a blast with it.

Also I'm curious to hear what you've heard about Polaris triples that scared you away? There is one model I wouldn't buy, other than that Polaris triples are just as reliable as any other in my opinion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
A buddy of mine has that same sled with a shorter track. Ive ridden with him on my Vmax 600 twin and found it hard to keep up. I've only heard good things about the Mtn. Max and 700 tripples. [8D]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 01 700 mmax it has over 12000 kms on it.I have a few mods on it and i can say it is a real good bang for your buck snowmobile,because i use mine for trail and in the mountains so tell your friend to buy it he won't be dissapointed that's for sure

·
Registered
474 Posts
We got 2 700 tripples, I got an sx and my dad has the 02 SRX. They rip, I don't care what anyone says their underpowered blah blah blah. They're no grandma sleds they will go. I have heard stories of polaris tripples blowing too, but I've never witnessed it happening or saw it happen. So some people just say stuff to make them buy a piece of crap ski-doo or something. The tripples have a ton of power, they sound great stock and they are better then any twin I've owned on fuel and oil. I would tell your bud to put a down payment on the sucker before it's snaked out from underneath him.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by SRXSRULE
[br]We got 2 700 tripples, I got an sx and my dad has the 02 SRX. They rip, I don't care what anyone says their underpowered blah blah blah. They're no grandma sleds they will go. I have heard stories of polaris tripples blowing too, but I've never witnessed it happening or saw it happen. So some people just say stuff to make them buy a piece of crap ski-doo or something. The tripples have a ton of power, they sound great stock and they are better then any twin I've owned on fuel and oil. I would tell your bud to put a down payment on the sucker before it's snaked out from underneath him.
I agree!!!!!! [:)]

·
Registered
207 Posts
My 04 Viper 700 triple rips, all stock. Incredible throttle response
and sounds great, You can't beat the reliability of a Yamaha.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Its a Yamaha, so rock-solid reliability is a given. Its not at all uncommon to see a triple-cylinder Yamaha with 15,000+ miles on it with no major repairs to the engine needed.
Lets not let this turn into a Yamaha vs Polaris arguement.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Originally posted by Octane
[br]Its a Yamaha, so rock-solid reliability is a given. Its not at all uncommon to see a triple-cylinder Yamaha with 15,000+ miles on it with no major repairs to the engine needed.
Lets not let this turn into a Yamaha vs Polaris arguement.
I agree on BOTH!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts