Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently put an '01 mxz x 440 race motor in my Formula Z 583. The motor swap went fairly smoothly, but when I run the sled it is getting way to much fuel and flooding out. We have played around with the carbs and found that the pin that the float bowls push down into the seat is letting gas by when the bowls are full, when we blow air in the line and push the bowls up it closes and doesn't let any air by, but on the sled it still lets it by. The motor sits on more of an angle then it did when it was in the zx chassis, so the carbs are on an angle pointing down towards the front of the sled. Would that make any difference? Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
It sounds like you will have to readjust the tab on your float bowl. If I am thinking of this right, the tab should be bent up more.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
You will have to play with the foat arms

Did you set the carbs up for the 440 from the 583

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The carbs are the TCX or whatever there called, and their the ones that came with the motor, everything is set up right, and we've played around with the tabs on the floats and it did nothing

·
Registered
86 Posts
maybe some junk on the needles and seats? maybe worn needle and seats?

Idk, maybe the carbs are at too extreme of an angle to functin properly, a picture would help

·
Registered
35 Posts
The problem is your carbs are tilted too far forward and the fuel in the float bowl runs into the engine through the pilot jet and is causing your problem, that is why the original engine intake boots are curved to allow the carbs to set level.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i checked the needles and seats, and the needles are in fact worn out, i have new ones on order. And about the angle of the carbs, if they were level, wouldn't they let gas in when i'm going down a hill or powder riding, the carbs are always changing angles and bouncing around, so i just can't see how that would be such a big factor. Would tieing the carbs down so that they are level help? when i push them down the boot bends fine and there are no leaks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm referring to when the sled is setting, if the carbs are set at too steep of an angle they will leak fuel into the crank case and flood the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts