Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2001 polaris 800 rmk that i extended the track out to a 156. it came as a 151 from the dealer but the guy i bought it from shortened it to a 136. So me being a little heavier needed a longer track. So its a 156 now and it runs great but, when i go up hill it feels like my track slips or it hit my tunnel or something. Could be the drivers slipping (i hope not) or its just hitting the tunnel. any ideas on what this is or how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Tighten the track. Under very hard acceleration, the track can ratchette on the drivers if too loose. Tighten the track 1-2 turns and try again. Keep tightening until the problem stops.

I'm not sure how much sag of the track is optimal for that long of track.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Dman said:
Tighten the track. Under very hard acceleration, the track can ratchette on the drivers if too loose. Tighten the track 1-2 turns and try again. Keep tightening until the problem stops.

I'm not sure how much sag of the track is optimal for that long of track.
ok so you don't over tighten the track the proper way is hang 10 lbs or feel 10 lbs and the track should hang about 1" from the rails. That is the proper tightness. Don't over tighten it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i tighten the track not too long ago with a 10lb weight and i put it to a 1.5'' sag. I"ll try two more turns and see what happen. thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts