Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the heck do you install the lower spring on the bottom gears on this reverse kit? Compress and try to tighten bolt at same time? Only tried that about 100 times so far. Not much room to work.

I've looked at the parts diagrams and I think it's all together right.
It's the compression spring that's giving me fits. I did not get a chance to see it when I took it apart as that spring and retainer/bolt fell off and was not threaded in.

Thanks
D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
You took the exhaust can off for more room down there right? I know there is still the bracket the can sits on, but I think it's not too much of an obstacle. Try getting a second pair of hands to compress the spring so you can thread the bolt in. If I remember right, those reverse springs don't have a lot of tension and are pretty easy to compress by hand.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it done. Used some gorrila tape to compress the spring to the gear. then slid on the gear and threaded in the bolt.

Now, what position should the lever be in on the chaincase or how should the U inside be positioned?

I'll eventually finish it. Just a little short on time.
D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
the shift fork/U thing should be pointing downward, so it looks more like an "n" than a "u"
when the black lever is pulled out away from the console, the shift fork will pull the reverse gear away from the bulkhead. kind of hard to explain, you'll just have to do some critical thinking and visualize what needs to happen in your head so you can assemble it so everything works like it should

1 - 5 of 5 Posts