Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if these carbs have air screws or are they fuel screws? Sled belongs to a friend and we need to richen up the pilot area to help with a hanging idle. The screws are in front of the slides and under the carbs. Not sure what way to turn them to add fuel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Make note of where the screws positions are and tighten them in and count the truns on each. Do not over tighten them. This will allow you to put them back incase it realy gets screwed up. Is the 01 a twin or trip. Well any way the carbs need to be insink. I think from closed position its 1 and 1/4 turn out on all. I would check the power valves first. the carbs are usually bullet proof. Carbon and oil gumming up your power valved is the most commen issues with them and its an easy fix. remove the two allen screws and pull out the cable and valve assm. If there is alot of carbon build up it can ge removed with some carb cleaner and somthing like a popcycle stick. DO NOT use anything metal to scrape the valve. It looks and sounds worse than it is. Just do them one at a time and make not of which way the contoure of the valve is when it comes out. I bet you'll find that is your (his) problem.
pgreenlaw
Lebanon, Maine
12 to 14 inches comming toningt and tomarrow. yeefrigenhaa

·
Registered
369 Posts
You want to screw down the the air screw which is on the bottom of the carbs until they are lightly seated. Then, screw them 1 7/8 turns out. That should help with the idle. Also check the carb and intake boots. They are rubber and can crack. Make sure that they are tight around the carbs and not letting air get in. Clean the carbs also. The pilot jets are prone to getting plugged and causes the idle to increase.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If that doesn't work, you might consider going up one size with the pilot jets. My sled had 50s in it and it idled high, so i went to 55s. The engine also makes a distinct sound when its too lean and idling high vs. just a high idle. I'm not sure quite how to explain it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts