Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up 01 xc sp 800 (non ves) for dirt cheap. plan on pulling the head and jugs off to maybe spot a potential problem no indication off anything now just covering my back. Anything that i might want to check, beside the normal, scored cylinders, any recurring problems with these 800? allways owned old crap,its nice to be in this decade.[:D]

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
yeah, if you're taking things apart anyway you should do the crank bearing upgrade. i did it to mine. other than that nothing too major. check out the coolant hoses on mine and my friends there are some nasty wear spots. a single pipe and clutching will make it move pretty darn good.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crank bearings were changed out ,from what i was told, already piped clutched and has a hotseat head on it. just curious i anyone ran into a consistant problem with the 800's thanks for the replys. rode it a little, with my poor judgement and a hand full of throttle, this could be a rough year. she flies

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
mine was eating up belts last year, so i have to go over the clutch alignment and center to center this year, i might have screwed it up when i had the motor out. hopefully something minor. i can't think of anything major to look for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.