Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about replacing my temp sensor with a mechanical gauge, and cross the wires. will the sled run right? any input? has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I don't think it will work. The temp sensor feeds a signal into the ecu, and the ohms need to be correct or it will put you in limp mode. If you put the correct resistor between the wires it might work, but why would you want to do this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ordered a sensor and it might be here by friday or early next week, im suppose to go up north and ride this weekend, i'm pretty sure the sensor is failing cause i can ride it for an hour than it comes on, or start the machine and have it on immediately. If i wasn't to receive the sensor by friday i was gonna maybe try this. if i have to screw with resistors i can wait, lol.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
if u want to ride, and it doesnt work, just unplug it. but check how hot the motor is getting often.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The easiest way to run a temp gauge is to run a hose splice adapter that has a fitting for a 1/8 NPT sensor. Wire up power and ground and you are golden. This way your stock electrics are not molested and won't give you trouble.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CanadianXCR said:
The easiest way to run a temp gauge is to run a hose splice adapter that has a fitting for a 1/8 NPT sensor. Wire up power and ground and you are golden. This way your stock electrics are not molested and won't give you trouble.
[/quote

any idea how hot the machine should run?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Hairballs said:
CanadianXCR said:
[/quote

any idea how hot the machine should run?
Every machine will be different. 120-140F range is usually the ballpark. Most idiot lights come on much higher 190F ish...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts