Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we could start a area where you can put Alaska Snow reports, riding reports and so on...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I like that idea. Just how many people on this site are In Alaska. [:D][:D]

Does anyone have an update on the snow in the Trappers Creek area. I got reports that the rivers were frozen between Forks Roadhouse and my cabin but no word on the snow.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Snow Report: LOST LAKE
Saturday, Lost Lake trail is really icy (Separates the men from the boys)
Once on top we found mile after mile of untracked bowls and valleys, sun was out 30 degrees 3-4' of powder. One word INCREDIBLE!

On the way back down the hill at the end of the day the trail was even worse, need a good 2' dumping to make the trail good. I've seen it in worse condition but then there was a line of 10 guys at every ice shute to help pull your sled up on that day.

BIG LAKE,
Ice on the lake is thick enough to drive your rigs on I would guess 12" of ice. had 8" of snow on top last friday. Talked with a few guys who have ridden the trails and they say it is still a little thin but possible.

Happy trails

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went down to turn. sat. Flat light, and about 4" of new snow. I guess they got 8" in the last 48 hours. A lot of open holes when people have fallen into. It was okey riding, should have went straight to lost lake. Eureka i guess has been getting dumped on as well...from what i heard...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update from turnigain arm. 6-8" of New snow, from what i heard....eureka got a little bit, less than 6"....so i think i am heading to turny this weekend....

·
Registered
246 Posts
It should be set up by now. Lets hope.

I don't get it, it is snowing everyware in the state but a my cabin. Last report I got was 7 inches and -25. The temp is normal but we normal have around 6 to 8 feet by now.

Well at least the lakes and rivers should be frozen over. Will make getting in faster.

/snofan/../images/users/In Alaska/Chelatna 1.jpg

This pic was taken about this time of year 2 years ago.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know the snow is very marginal for this time of year. by this time i always am able to make it to yenta, but there is a problem, no snow. well keep preying to the snow gods...

·
Registered
246 Posts
So the Yenta area has no snow also bummer. We have to ways to get into our cabin. One is to go in form The Forks Roadhouse (40 miles) and the other is from Big Lake, running up the rivers to the Donkey Creek trail that way adds 100 miles to the trip but its is a lot of fun. It also can be faster then driving to Trappers Creek and then rideing in.

Well we can also fly in and that only takes about 45 mins but that would mean leaving the machines up there. We are planing on building a place to store the machines so we can do just that. But I need snow so I can haul in the supplies.

Use the longtracks at Chelatna and the short tracks for everything else. You have to have options.

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have a foot now here in Galena, i take it most of you are from around the Anchorage area? Anyone else in the interior?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yeah I live right outside Fairbanks, rode Summit this weekend. No tracks, about 1 foot new and the sun was up in full force!!!!!!! Anybody heard anything about Cantwell?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where are the pics?

If I can't ride I at least need to see porple ridding. [:D]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no riding last weekend, looking on going to eureka for this weekend. still waiting on the big storm to hit...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by In Alaska
[br]Where are the pics?

If I can't ride I at least need to see porple ridding. [:D]
Lets just put it this way, I'am a retard!! everytime we go riding I always have all my gear and stuff ready to go, the one thing I usually forget without a beat is the digi cam!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
We just got one for x-mas so from now on I should have some good pics to post. I just put it in my pack the night before that way I wont forget it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Got 3 or 4 more inches last night at the house, buddies want to go to Summit tomorrow. We'll see though, anyway do tell how turny is/was!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts