Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it started to happen when i first tried to start it up in the fall, it ran for about 5 minutes then died, can only run by pouring gas in the carbs. So i took out the carbs, cleaned them and found a extra main jet in there haha, but other than that they werent bad. i checked all the fuel lines and they seem to be clear, so then i just took out the fuel pump tonight and took it apart and it looks brand new, so i dont know if it just isnt working or whatever, but what could it be? can the pump look new but still not work??

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
for the fuel pump question. from the outside it could look brand new out of the box and still not work. the oil pump on my 96 fIII looked vary clean on the out side but was bad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took it apart and it looked all clean, the lines were free also

·
Registered
128 Posts
Are the fuel line clamped down to the splits and stuff that go to the carb and primer. I had the same problem where it would only run with me pouring in gas, and there was lots of air getting pushed through the lines(just a thought)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
get new fuel filter and check to make sure your intake mesh isnt clogged up inside your gas tank...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts