Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone been here before and have a start for me? I'm looking for better hole shot and better backshifting when coming out of corners in the trail. I have an 2002 polaris x edge 800 twin ves. It is 100% stock and will prob. stay that way. The stock primary spring is a dark blue/white...was thinking of a almond/blue...? looking for just a cheap solution like springs for both now until i get out of school...
thanks for help
Brian A. Pekarek

·
Registered
54 Posts
you could try a erlundson yellow seconday spring for back shifting, just changing the primary spring will not help in all areas. you need to balance weights and spring. a almond blue is a lot stiffer then the stock spring

·
Registered
153 Posts
Almond blue works great for a completely stock xc800. Works well with stock weights (10-64) and depending on the tune of your engine 10-66's work well too. The almond blue will raise your engagement (stiffer) so you get good power out of the hole but has a softer finnish so you actually get the power to the ground out of your 800. For backshifting if you are on a budget you can get one of those Polaris roller driven clutches for about a 100.00 because they come with the PERC kits and many people go with the TEAM. They are a good clutch and nobody likes them but you can bolt it on and go with the stock helix and spring. (cheap) Just don't intall the windage things and it will go for many trouble free miles. If you put the windage things on for cooling they suck belt dust into the converter and do more harm than good in a hurry!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my snowmobile mechanic sold me an epi silver spring...i guess the epi red spring is just a high engagement but he said this spring would actually make a difference. Problem number 2, i just took apart my secondary clutch to go through it and found it's not the stock setup. soposed to be a r11 part# 5131297 helix with blue spring, this has an r8 part# 5131294 helix with blue spring. I have a spare secondary from a 99 xlt sp that has a r32 helix part# 5131623. with this r8 helix am i losing a big difference, can i use that r32 helix??? Or time to buy a real performance helix???
thanks a million
-Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also have a 2002 800. Just wondering what the almond blue puts the engagment up to? I would like it somewhere around 4500. Mine seems to be engaging at about 3800. It's a little low.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Almond with stock weights should be around 4200 rpm. I have 10-64's with a almond/blue and mine comes in around 4000 rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts