Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up I have 2002 Acrticcat 600 ZL with smartride suspension. Last weekend snowmobiling I drove about 8 miles and then stoped to get a drink, 5 minutes later my sled would not start. I changed the spark plugs and looked for any loose connections nonthing!! I checked to see if the spark plugs gave off any spark, they sparked when I attemped to pull start it which leads me to thinking it is a fuel line problem. My sled is also electronically fuel injected. I waited about 20 mins it still wouldent start. after towing it back to my truck as soon as I got it on the trailer I tried it one more time and it started . Anyone have any ideas what happened or what I could do to prevent it from happening again and also the temperature was about 35 degrees Thanx alot! ArcticCatcatKid
[red][/red]

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
how cold was it. I had that same problem. it was ice in the fuel lines.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
what about the night before. how cold did it get.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That could be a fuel problem like you stated. maybe the fuel pump is bad and after it works for a while it just doesnt wanna work no more.

Or your fuel injectors might be clogged. It is a older sled so go get some stp fuel injector/caborator cleaner and dump it in your tank. Thats what most guys do every couple of tank fulls. Try that and see how it works.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well today the same thing happened After riding for about 20mins i stopped and then had to wait a bout a hour until it finally started the temperature was like 38 so the lines werent frozen and I put a half a can of Carborater/injector cleaner in my tank nonthing so now im leaniong torwards taking it to a Arcticcat dealer and madbe something with the EFI or one of the chips or something needs adjusted. I dont want to do this b/c its would probably cost well over a hundred with laber and all that crap so do u think thats about my last option or if u have any other ideas or suggestions that could save my some money PLEASE let me know Thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts