Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive wanted one of these for a long time, but never had the time to build my own. It could use a good bath but I'll get to that eventually. The only bad thing is I'm stuck in Afghanistan and I havent even seen the sled yet. I just found it online and had my dad go pick it up for about a week ago, but I get leave in February, I cant wait. I was going to get a new Rush, but that can wait until next year. I dont know why Polaris never built this as a production sled. Let me know what you guys think.
Vehicle Soil Radio-controlled helicopter Radio-controlled toy Plant

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thats One nice looking sled.

That is the original engine for that sled? Thats pretty cool, I haven't seen any sleds like that around here. Well I've seen 700 triples, but not in an edge chassis from the factory. Good find!

And I would also like to thank you for everything you guys are doing over there for your country. It is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sledfreak139 said:
That is the original engine for that sled? Thats pretty cool, I haven't seen any sleds like that around here. Well I've seen 700 triples, but not
Dude read the thread. It is a XCR 800 motor, (Never production in a Edge) put into a 2002 700 EDGE chassis.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I think its still gonna be a hell of a sleeper even with the 700 stickers. Its got the HTG 180 kit, so it should be pretty damn fast, not too many 180 horse sleds rollin around out there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
wow very nice find looks like she'll scream pretty clean swap from what i can see in pics

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
nice find. with the way the air box was designed some people speculate that polaris had plans to put the triple in there? wouldnt doubt it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, can anyone tell me what kind of skis these are?? I know its not the best pic, but its all I have for now. They appear to be C&A's to me but I'm not an aftermarket ski expert by any means. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
That thing looks sweet! And thank you all you do for our country!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Looks like C&A's to me. You can send the sled down my way and I'll look it over real good [:)]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Your going to love it I picked one up last year on a trade for my 90 rxl with a little cash.Mine also was a htg 180 sled but I went with a different set up this year for a motor I havent taken it out yet Saturday will be a test and tune day.Have fun on it when you get home and if your overseas in the millitary thx.It has a firecat 128 track with the big wheel kit pretty slick setup also htg's can Motor vehicle Room Vehicle Building Automobile repair shop

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Classic car

Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire

Auto part Vehicle Motor vehicle Engine Car

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^Nice, yours looks really clean. What made you decide to go with the 128??

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
^^^^Traction! One can only imagine what that HTG triple does to the track. My little 700 zings the 136 pretty good so you may need a little help there. Nice sleds for sure...both of them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 136 edge skid. But I'm assuming that wont bolt directly in where the 121 is mounted. Anyone know for sure? That would be a next year project anyway, but something I may be looking into doing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.