Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive wanted one of these for a long time, but never had the time to build my own. It could use a good bath but I'll get to that eventually. The only bad thing is I'm stuck in Afghanistan and I havent even seen the sled yet. I just found it online and had my dad go pick it up for about a week ago, but I get leave in February, I cant wait. I was going to get a new Rush, but that can wait until next year. I dont know why Polaris never built this as a production sled. Let me know what you guys think.
2010121613758314_6226.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thats One nice looking sled.

That is the original engine for that sled? Thats pretty cool, I haven't seen any sleds like that around here. Well I've seen 700 triples, but not in an edge chassis from the factory. Good find!

And I would also like to thank you for everything you guys are doing over there for your country. It is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
sledfreak139 said:
That is the original engine for that sled? Thats pretty cool, I haven't seen any sleds like that around here. Well I've seen 700 triples, but not
Dude read the thread. It is a XCR 800 motor, (Never production in a Edge) put into a 2002 700 EDGE chassis.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I think its still gonna be a hell of a sleeper even with the 700 stickers. Its got the HTG 180 kit, so it should be pretty damn fast, not too many 180 horse sleds rollin around out there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
wow very nice find looks like she'll scream pretty clean swap from what i can see in pics

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
nice find. with the way the air box was designed some people speculate that polaris had plans to put the triple in there? wouldnt doubt it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, can anyone tell me what kind of skis these are?? I know its not the best pic, but its all I have for now. They appear to be C&A's to me but I'm not an aftermarket ski expert by any means. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
That thing looks sweet! And thank you all you do for our country!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Looks like C&A's to me. You can send the sled down my way and I'll look it over real good [:)]

·
Registered
741 Posts
ive seen this on craigs and uncle henrys a few times, for sure a good looking sled and it sure sounds like the guy knows what hes doing. Good buy :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Definitely has C&A's on it. Should be a sweet sled!! I also think they had some sort of plan to put this engine in an edge. That airbox fits perfect with a triple!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Your going to love it I picked one up last year on a trade for my 90 rxl with a little cash.Mine also was a htg 180 sled but I went with a different set up this year for a motor I havent taken it out yet Saturday will be a test and tune day.Have fun on it when you get home and if your overseas in the millitary thx.It has a firecat 128 track with the big wheel kit pretty slick setup also htg's can 20101216181552579_21419.jpg
20101216181555689_21419.jpg
20101216181558251_21419.jpg
2010121618160860_21419.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^^Nice, yours looks really clean. What made you decide to go with the 128??

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
^^^^Traction! One can only imagine what that HTG triple does to the track. My little 700 zings the 136 pretty good so you may need a little help there. Nice sleds for sure...both of them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a 136 edge skid. But I'm assuming that wont bolt directly in where the 121 is mounted. Anyone know for sure? That would be a next year project anyway, but something I may be looking into doing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts