Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im putting 6" risers on the DOO, got the throttle extension done and working, all the wires have been extended 10", and a extended length RSI brake line. Followed the instructions for bleeding, but all i am getting is air. Master cylinder is full, lower banjo bolt is loose, upper is tight. Am i doin somethin wrong here? pumped the brake 1000 times it seems and not getting much more than spitting air. Havnt loosened the bleeder screws on the calipers yet since i havnt got fluid through the line. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I believe when I did mine on my 02 700 I left the cap off the master cylinder and opened the bleed valve. Both ends of my brake cable were tight. It's been 2 years since I did mine, but I remember pumping the brake for a long time. As the level in the master cylinder went down I simply topped it up until my brakes firmed up.

·
Registered
863 Posts
^^ thats what i did too.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome! Worked great! I opened the one bleeder, put a pc of hose on it and in less than a minute my brake lever felt firm. kept it firm and closed the bleeder. lost the little rubber cap cap though. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts